Would you join a Circus?

I’m far too old for all that malarkey, but looking back to my fitter days, I think I would have liked to try out for a high wire act of some description.
He’d fly through the air with the greatest of ease,
That daring young man on the flying trapeze.

2 Likes

Knowing my luck I’d be the guy that cleans up after the elephants

2 Likes

I would be that white face clown. The one that isn’t funny and all the other clowns are afraid of.

2 Likes

You’re Milhouse, aren’t you?

Bad boy, wiggling your eyebrows is very suggestive :rofl:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t fancy joining a circus - especially if it had performing animals.
I’ve never been to a circus and have never wanted to - the trapeze artists are the only acts I would enjoy watching, I think.

If I was stuck in a circus, the only jobs I would fancy would be in the refreshments tent or the ticket office.
I’d be rubbish at any of the performing arts so I’d be better suited to handling the finance or serving food and drink!

Do they sell candy floss at the Circus?
I wouldn’t mind a job making that - I love that sugary vanilla scent and it looks so pretty. When I was a kid, I used to love watching it being made in seaside kiosks.
I don’t like eating the stuff but I would like to have a go at making it.

2 Likes

Wiggling eyebrows also works for us gals! :astonished:

I did join the circus :circus_tent:

It’s called Over50sChat. :wink:

10 Likes

:joy: That made me lol @Mad-Ralph :+1:

1 Like

I was with the circus for quite a while, but only because I was the only one who could fold the tent to get it back in the bag.

In reality my ex wife had a friend who actually did run away to join a circus

1 Like

I don’t like moving around that much, so it’s not my cup of tea. I can’t imagine what I could do to entertain in a circus either.

1 Like

I would be the Ring Master I quite like whips…ha ha! Joking honest.

3 Likes

I never liked the circus as a kid, I certainly wouldn’t like it now but if I were to join I’d let all the animals go then leave.

2 Likes

I have 2 memories of Circus , one is being a small child and the Elephants came in to town by Train , so my Dad took me down to watch them arrive ,There was and still is this tall wall at the Station and my Dad put me on his Shoulders to look over and tell him and others if I could see them .
It was very Exciting at the time .They were then paraded through town to the place where the circus was going to perform , Health and safety would not allow this now this is the parade from a newspaper …30191090_2003-11-19_Billy-Smarts-cir-cus-visits-_ma

My other memory was a School trip to the Circus , my lasting memory is total fear , we sat on tiered wooden seating and I could see the ground below , a good drop , and so I sat rigid not taking in or enjoying it at all, …

So NO i would not join a Circus , and Im glad no animals in this Country are ever used now in Circus, I think they were banned …

2 Likes

I was raised in Aldershot, Hampshire and remember the circus coming to town in the 1950s. I found a picture of it here (scroll down a bit). I could easily have been part of that crowd.

A historic town tour: Aldershot (cultureoncall.com)

…I wouldn’t join a circus.

2 Likes

My friends daughter was always very into dancing and acting and went to drama school

She eventually became a ringmaster in a circus!

1 Like

I don`t fancy being a politician tbh.

1 Like

Never got the circus thing even as a kid. Sorry if I’m being a misery and a bit stand offish but I’ve always found them a bit tacky :clown_face::-1:

1 Like

God No. :astonished:

1 Like

Do you want a hand? It’s got to be the safest job.

1 Like

Awesome Summer…

Ringmaster

1 Like