Would you help a stranger if you knew they wouldn't thank you?

Good point Zaph :023:

I have done many times, so yes.

1 Like

Yes I have helped a number of people through the years.
To my mind it costs nothing to help someone if you can, wether it’s a big or small help makes no difference.
I don’t expect thanks, but would hope someone would help me if I needed it.

4 Likes

Exactly. What goes around should come around

2 Likes

That’s because you are a nice person!
I try to be and I hope/think my children did likewise.
A little tale I have probably related before. I liked white chocolate and I was eating one. My son asked for a piece. What could I say? He broke three pieces off and give two to his sisters.

4 Likes

Thats the way I look at it , I helped someone older than me in a serious situation last week , One day I may need help when Im helpless .

3 Likes

That question doesn’t make sense to me, sorry.

I can’t see the thinking behind, would you help a stranger if you knew they wouldn’t thank you…:thinking::thinking:…confused .pauline.

I would help a stranger because that is what my heart / mind tells me to do…not because I want to be thanked for it, that sort of thinking doesn’t enter my mind.

Easy peasy…… your answer is yes.
No confusion there.

1 Like

A situation that can only be hypothetical because you couldn’t know if a stranger was going to say thanks until after the help was given, so give the help anyway. If no thanks was forthcoming, I wouldn’t regret having given the help.

1 Like

The other day we offered to help an elderly gentleman with a flat tire. We didn’t care if he thanked us but he did and with much gratitude

5 Likes

Exactly, because it’s in your make up,( as it’s in you both of you)if you get my meaning.

Precisely, which still leads to a ‘yes.’ :sweat_smile::+1:… Lol

3 Likes

I cut next doors grass out the front, its just as easy whilst doing mine, I get thanks and it pee’s me off, I don’t do it for that.

3 Likes

Bratti, you really need to excuse yourself from this thread :rofl:

You’re Canadian! The entire planet knows you folks are extremely polite and helpful!

2 Likes

And to be brutally honest, I’m a bit ‘petty’ in this department ( at times ) If I’ve gone out of my way to do something for someone, I do at times get a bit ticked off if gratitude isn’t shown however it doesn’t stop me from doing other good deeds for others.

2 Likes

I think most people say thanks if someone helps or does a favour. .

1 Like

That was hilarious. Ha! That’s so very Canadian. We are constantly apologizing too. :grimacing:lol

3 Likes

Of course… :smiley:
You don’t help people because you expect to be thanked…

3 Likes

Hell no! I wouldn’t help anyone as a matter of principle! (Well maybe —)

2 Likes

I would help out whether I got thanked or not, and it has made me feel better because I knew I did a good thing. What I don’t understand is this recent trend of people trying to track down others who have helped them, via social media. I know its nice to want to thank someone…but I find thanking anyone via social media a bit cringeworthy.