Would It Bother You, If A Thread You Started.... Bombed?

No…and it happens all the time in other places!
Zero replies…never mind :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t post many, or hardly any anyway. Don’t think my threads are interesting enough for most people. :grinning:

3 Likes

I read your threads/posts Tiff, you are a long time member. :+1:

2 Likes

I started a thread, once, on rusty paper clips and bent drawing pins, and that bombed, too! You guys have no taste! :innocent:

3 Likes

Rusty paper clips? How on earth did I miss that? :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks, Mags. :+1: :058:

1 Like

I used to deliberately start “Bombers” to prove to myself they would bomb, once or twice, some folks would post a reply, just to spoil my fun. :laughing:

1 Like

No problem at all. We (the fellow members) all have different views, tastes and sensitivities. So you cannot hit the right spot each time. Like anything regarding the book written by Prince? Harry’s ghost writer. I am simply not interested in anything that was produced to purely make money. I still do not know if the book is in the fact or fiction section of a book shop.

1 Like

……:rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

You must live a happy, simple life with no fridge, TV, washing machine, car, microwave, kettle, stove etc. Kudos to you.

2 Likes

Not interested in anything made to produce money?

There aren’t many people interested in investing their time & money just to be a Good Samaritan.
People need to make a living.

It did however make me chuckle, so 2 thumbs up for that. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I have been known to post something like, ‘This thread l started, seems to have bombed, so l will ‘talk’ to myself’!

There is always someone who feels sorry for you, it was usually Mags or Meg who would always post a comment to support the thread.
Their action always seemed to encourage others to post.

1 Like

It is fair to say this thread hasn’t bombed :grinning:

1 Like

Give it time…

1 Like

Some threads did not “Bomb” because they were “Derailed”, then the OP might complain not realizing the derailer saved them the embarrassment of a Bomber. :laughing: :smiley:

I wouldn’t complain at all! I am not a stickler for the ‘perfect’ thread. It’s good that people contribute.
So what if it’s derailed? In normal conversation, people go off on a different tangent.
I think being too strict on derailing shows that some people are OCD and everything has to be oh, so perfect!

Now if a member was insulting other members and being horrid to others in a thread … then Yes, l would complain.

Most threads get back on track anyway.

1 Like

For me, this is dependent on context, and people disagree about context sometimes.

If someone starts a thread on their mother dying, and there’s a derail on poo jokes, some might say that’s insulting. Others might say it’s just conversation.

If it’s just a social thread for fun, then derails are part of the fun.

But if someone wants to discuss an issue but can’t because every thread is a giant derail, then there’s no point in thread titles or making up topics. You could just start every thread with Go!

I’ve posted on a board like that before. It’s fun for the people participating, not so fun for people trying to join in or discuss anything else. It’s also easier to make veiled insults and pass it off as fun.

I miss your threads Art, you used to start some wonderful subjects, serious and humorous that led to some great repllies. :grinning:

Am I hinting? :wink:

2 Likes

Mags, Thank You for your lovely words… you always say the nicest things. You started some good ones too… l know your Covid thread just ran and ran and nearly matched Agatha Christie’s Mousetrap theatre run!

I have a puppy now, hence why l post less! Some days, l am inspired and think of some threads l could start but l know, once l log on here… my addiction creeps back in and l am still logged on until the day is nearly gone!

1 Like

My late mother warned me about pulling threads. If I pulled the wrong one some clothing might fall off