World Population has Hit 8 Billion

The population of the planet has hit 8 billion people, there will never be as many children alive as there are today.

The only way is down, eventually the population will start falling and our societies will shrink. There will only be growth in a few countries and they are in Africa.

4 Likes

Very sobering … on the bright side I shan’t be around to see/suffer this…
Anyone here who has grandchildren might be quite justifiably concerned about the quality of life they’ll have, or their offspring after them.

There’s altogether too many things that need overhauling or resolving now. Migrants. Over population. Food production. Global pollution. Climate change . Renewable energy.

And they don’t/won’t practice safe sex.

I remember reading years ago now that Italy’s population would be one fifth of its current size in 100 years time. Frankly I didn’t believe it so I worked it out very crudely (assuming a generation of 30 years) and was amazed to find that it was right.

To maintain itself a population apparently needs 2.1 children per female, Europe is not even close to that figure and Italy was only 1.3 at the time (from memory) so the future for mankind is not as bleak as it appears, we only have to get over the “hump”.

Actually I thought it was really good news taken as a whole.

so what ??

In a way it is … but it did kinda mention 10.5 billion by the 2080’s and a rather high percentage of them will be old wrinklies., (present company excluded cos we’ll all be dead).

It wasn’t too specific what everyone would be doing too if automatons are to take over doing tedious jobs … we’re not all Einsteins who are going to sit expanding our intellect and revolutionising the world with our inventions.

It’s orrible being thick.

And no doubt there will be a decease come along to wipe some out.
Natures way of balancing the population out.

1 Like

8 billion, eh?

It’s going to take an awful lot of dinghies to get everyone over to the UK. :grin::wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I blame religion and govts (/those in control) - they just want people to breed to make bigger armies, more tax payers/modern day slaves etc :101:

I don’t, I blame hormones, men and women are programed to breed by them, not governments or religion. Let’s face it religion keeps saying “Don’t do it, control yourself, it’s a sin”.

Nature will provide the necessary solution to humanity with brute power.

Allah has a plan. :neutral_face:

Nowt to do with me, haven’t produced one for 33 years now. :smiley:

I think it is primarily an issue for Subsahan Africa rather than armed forces. And the absence of contraceptives.

WOW! I need to start paying more attention to these things. I thought the global population was around 6 million. lol

EDIT: I meant 'Billion" lol

1 Like