Woman sets second world record

I wonder what her next challenge will be .

Whats your biggest challenge you have completed, or failed?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this counts - I travelled from the UK to Australia overland using public transport (I had to fly from Bangkok to Sydney obviously)

It is probably a journey that would be impossible these days (think of Iran and Afghanistan) but I enjoyed every minute of it. It took nearly a year.

My other big trip was more recently when I did the big lap of Australia.

However I don’t think either was in the same league as polar travel and no world records were set.

1 Like

Well done :grinning: I have to ask though,why?

Travel broadens the mind, I have a very wide mind.

2 Likes

And I thought I was being adventurous getting on a plane.

My Husband and I, went in an German U-Boat Submarine, 40 metres to the bottom of the sea.

1 Like

Yes Bruce I recon that must have been very challenging , travling across the world ,the different languges,Did you have to work your way,or was your savings big enough to get you there?

Ive booked marked your Australia trip , I look forward to reading that …

Have you anymore challenging Travels to do ? .

1 Like

Crickey Susie that sounds scarey, was there something to look at when you got to the Bottom .?

1 Like

I was much younger then of course. I learned the words for, please and thank you and able to count up to 10 plus a few handy phrasesin each country. Plus all the obvious things like pointing or just holding out a handful of cash and letting them take what they needed (still do that). The most challenging is when they have a different alphabet so you have to learn the symbols for numbers for example.

I did work, you have to remember this was when the UK allowed you to take £50 out of the country (really the poor man of Europe) I had cash hidden everywhere but I had to make money on the way.

An interesting story Bruce , Ive followed on YT a Russian who left Russia to avoid conscript , What amazes me is he has Patreons who pays money into his account , hes Travling through Asia , Veitnam , making videos from each Country , thanking them for paying to get him away …lol no need for him to work !.

1 Like