Woke up to Tornado threat!

Yeah, absolutely no warning. One huge clap of thunder and several lightning strikes before seconds later the twister struck land and then the devastation happened.

1 Like

[quote=“Danny, post:15, topic:86558”]
What percent of tornado watches become warnings?
[/quote]We have had about 7 or so watches in the last three years. I can only recall three times that it changed to a warning for us in this immediate area.
Edited to say…after reading your statistics, my memory is pretty accurate.

1 Like

After all is said and done here, I am patting myself on the back that I acted so quickly without time to think or plan. Just amazed at myself. You can’t change some things like a tornado, but things you have control over, act on it!

Now, I hope my elbow isn’t strained from all of this nonsense.

1 Like

A major problem where we used to live was water spouts heading north eastwards up the Solent into The Channel. A slight change in the wind direction and the spout touches land to become a tornado. We no longer live in that location :+1:

2 Likes

Have to admit I’m impressed Righty
Mostly because of the eyebrows…I don’t even go and get the milk in til I’ve got eyebrows! :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

@Ruthio, you are a gal who recognizes true bravery then!

1 Like

@Morticia Oooer! I know how you feel !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

1 Like

@ Right Now , Except the Jerries maybe ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

This Woke Stuff is everywhere.

1 Like

Glad all is ok, I would have been terrified. I wouldn’t like to live somewhere where they have tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes etc. Over here we are lucky we don’t have such fierce weather conditions. Stay safe

1 Like

Aw, the danger has passed and I lived to tell of it.

I love when that happens… :wink:

1 Like

@RightNow

I’m glad you’re safe.

What an exciting life you lead! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Blimey O’ Righty, I’ve never experienced anything so serious.

Girls this side of the pond would reach for the eye liner, but … :102:

1 Like

d00d, I learned early on what is important and what you can do without. If our building got torn up and we were left in the basement, I would still have the basic stuff to start another chapter of my life. It’s common sense.

Then, I would head for my nearest Ulta cosmetic store… :wink:

1 Like

… common sense, yeah I see that. But here we don’t value such documents, they are just copies, mostly.

And we don’t experience such threats. Fire being the greatest danger, and losing undeclared cash under the mattress being the biggest concern …I imagine for most people.

1 Like

Keeping the originals of identifying documents is basic here. Otherwise, you have to request a certified copy for passport, driver license, hospital stays, etc. It can take weeks or more to process them, not to mention the cost for each. A certifed copy of your birth certificate is $10 each copy. Certified death certs are the same…for family wills, bank accounts, etc. Much safer to keep originals in a safe place you can access quickly. I will say I am too well organized for my own good, but sparse of cluttered paperwork I don’t need.

You are prepared for the worse, no harm in that.

1 Like

After a major break-in a couple of months ago we’re now installing all manner of safety/security systems, talk about shutting the door after the horse has bolted!!
A safe was delivered this afternoon which our son will fix next week.
Into it will go the passports, certificates and so on…the tornado would presumably have hit and carried us all away by the time we’d opened up the safe and extracted any important items!!!

1 Like

Is it a fireproof safe? After our safe saved all of our documents etc from our devastating house fire of '95, we’ve been keen on them ever since and have installed one in this house too.
Master Lock Waterproof Fire Safe LTW123GTC | Fire Resistant Digital Media Safe

1 Like

Interesting. It’s not fireproof as it has bolt holes in the sides and base to fix it to the floor and wall, so these holes make it not fireproof.
But apparently you can buy a fireproof bag to put things into in the safe.

1 Like