Witchcraft/Wizardry etc (split thread)

You should write a book with all your experiences Susan :smiley:

Not sure if witchcraft is classed as paranormal but I heard some guy on TikTok challenged all the ‘witches’ to curse him or to do their worst within two weeks. The video went viral and then two weeks later he posted saying… nothing had happened to him. The ‘witches’ said he must have been some grand wizard or something :lol:

I think this video covers the story:

2 Likes

Until I converted to the Anglican Church, around 7 years ago, I was a Witch (Healer). I had been so since July 21st 1977.

I don’t even know what I’m looking at when I see these…“people”, in many such videos, making themselves look like complete morons, and aiming for the shock value and the sensationalist approach. They simply delight in their imagined inner response, in others, when they announce (usually with multicoloured, and quite absurd, visuals) their “power over” those others.

It’s tragic, to me, that the Old Ways are being so horrendously abused and stolen for dramatic effects. Any real Witch will know that spell casting, for the purposes of harm, is close to impossible - the principle of imitative magick, also, was always intended to be for the good of mankind…not this foolishness and attempted malice. As soon as these so called witches decided that they would rise to this man’s challenge, they proved that they were not Witches, at all.

Their freakish claims, pretended capabilities, mindless appearance and shameful behaviour does Witchcraft a terrible disservice.

4 Likes

Why the C of E ?

Need to stay grounded sometimes, C of G helps!

I watched a documentary recently about the first woman in Scotland to be burned for witchcraft , she was a midwife and a healer , used natural potions to help her people , an ordinary kind woman , a herbalist . They strangled her with rope then burned her publicly . Agnes Sampson I believe was the first in Scotland .

I do know of herbalists , very clever ladies who have a shop selling all their own potions , all made from natural products and herbs picked and sourced by them .

I don’t class the above video as any thing to do with the paranormal , silly girls come to my mind

2 Likes

It would take me around 15 posts to explain that.
It was done for a good reason, though.

1 Like

I’m sure it was.

One learns something new everyday

whatdoyoumean ?

Witches and such

1 Like

I’ve been following the Wicca religion since I discovered about one of my ancestor who was a dab hand at herbal potions and medicines.

Her 11 children were taught white magick in the arts of using natural elements to heal and restore balance. She used to go out into the forest grab a few pieces of tree bark, come back to her kitchen, turn the bark to powder with pestle and mortar, add a little honey and give it to her children whenever they had a fever.

The powdered tree bark is your basic pill form nowadays for Aspirin aka Acetylsalicylic acid. She felt completely defeated when the 1918 Flu Pandemic hit but only one daughter died of it.

It was such a difficult time while pregnant as well that she died circa 1926 of a broken heart. I found her personal book, titled “Me, The Kitchen Witch – Herbs, Potions and Lotions” in 1969. Sadly, it was stolen from my room by someone who turned to Black Magick for all the wrong reasons…

My ancestor’s white spells were well hidden within the pages. Unless you knew what you were reading, you had no idea these were spells.

My other ancestor was descendant from a Shaman. She kept her brood in check with what she called poems and poetry.

In all my research since the 70s, I’ve never found anything other than benevolent witchcraft.

Personally, I tend to stay away from Paganism. From the warnings I’ve read, some are extremely dangerous. In everything you do, try to stay within the light.

Blessed be!
PS my ancestors’ favourite symbol and mine!

3 Likes

Strange you posted this because I have actually met a witch. What happened was I was driving on this road and saw a beautiful young lady thumbing a lift . Being a gentleman I stopped and offered her a lift which she accepted. So I got talking to her and got around to ask what she did for a living. It is when she told me she was a witch. Of course I didn’t believe her until she put her hand on my leg . It was then I turned into a layby.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like