Winter Fuel Payment 2011

I have had the letter to say the money will be in the bank within in the next three weeks…:slight_smile:

Hubby’s has gone in but mine hasn’t yet. I only got my letter this morning but he got his last week.

I is still waiting for my letter and payment, and I needs it desperate. :slight_smile:

I thought it was one payment per household! How come I’ve never had a letter or money?

Hope you get yours first post Monday, Mollie :wink:

Got my letter yesterday, went in on 29th last year.

Since I don’t use heating at all I usually give my allowance away however this year I decided to buy myself a rather soigneé overcoat :slight_smile:

And a linen suit and you say your not posh, oh dear you’re not going to throw it over you shoulders are you like film stars in the old days:lol::lol: Are you practising for when your famous??

Not a duffle jacket then Rick…? With the right scarf and hat they look very nice and so hard wearing! I suppose you need a heavy coat with no heating on…or do you live in Spain?

No he lives in Hull, have a look at his profile :-D:-D He leads a very interesting life.

Yes, I did know he lives in Hull Hazel.:lol: But wondered why he didn’t need heating… or hot water come to think of it!

You get £200 per household - split into £100 each if there are two of you in the house who qualify so you both get a separate letter

I am a keen wordsmith but SOIGNEE is new to me. I am pleased to learn that Rick’s namesake CAEDMON was a fan of alliteration, it’s my favourite figure of speech.

Having said that it would be polite of me to demonstrate some of my own examples, but it’s late and I am due for my cocoa , biscuit, meds and bed.

So he prefers an elegant overcoat to heating his home. Each to their own.:slight_smile:

Not really Mesco Read his porofile, he sounds very nice to me.:-D:-D

I have no doubt that he is a nice man. I was just joking:-D

I’d like to see him riding his bike wearing it :-D:-D

Have you all got your £10 Christmas bonus from the government yet??? Ours went in yesterday. Now wonder if it will buy all my Christmas shopping or should I treat myself to something lovely :-p:-p

I received the letter about the winter fuel payment today.
I received the payment 20/11

Received my bank statement today, and I’ve got me 200 quids. :mrgreen:

Got my fuel allowance, so I’ve ordered a case of fine wine and some good port. That should keep me warm for a while.