Windows 11 Computer - word processing and spreadsheet

Hoping for some technical advice please.
I’ve just bought a new computer - Windows 11 - and would like a word processing document and a spreadsheet which I can save and keep in my computer rather than online.

I’d also appreciate ideas on a maintenance procedure to keep the computer updated and cleared of excess files or cache or things which it shouldn’t have!!

Whilst I’m at it, I also have a new mobile phone and need a maintaince procedure on that too if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.

1 Like

I also bought a Windows 11 laptop recently and installed the LibreOffice package particularly because of the spreadsheet it comes with. It also features a word processing unit.
You can use on-board means for both automatic updates and disk cleanup.

Your mobile should have memory cleanup and an update routine, too. Mine, a Samsung galaxy A90 5G, has it.

Thanks for the recommendations - I’ll follow that though and hope I can ask again if I have any problems.

Always remember to remove all update footprints before they accumulate. To ensure that is fully implemented, you need to Clean up System Files.

The link I added did not copy, so here is is again
Disk Cleanup Windows 11: 4 Ways to Use It & Free Up Disk Space (windowsreport.com)

No need to buy a clean up program, W11 provides one for free:-

Click on this

Disk cleanup in Windows - Microsoft Support

As for the so called freebies, which turn into billable apps in due course, they are not as good as what is already built in, and look out foe the ones which bill you for doing any cleaning up!

If I had to have anything which matches what W11 provides, I’d download the free Privazer app.

This is free but hopes users will donate. I donate a couple of quid every year or so!

But it’s free to use mostly & excellent.

I’ve included a copy of CCleaner as a cleanup tool but didn’t realise W11 provides one - so I’ll take a look at that. Thanks for the latest recommendations.