Windows 10 & 11 Spyware Disabled

As you know Gooogle and M$ love data mining your computer but I have just come across a single program that turns off all the spy ware it is possible to turn off built into Windows 10 and 11.

Download it from here:

Even though I thought I had turned off most of the spy ware built in to M$ Windows I was surprised at the number still on (updates?). If there are some that you use you can elect to keep them running. The program also creates a recovery point.

The program does not need installing just run it as and when you need. Personally I just truned off those with a “YES” beside them and ignored those with NO or LIMITED

Try it, you’ll be glad you did.

what if you simply don’t log into your MS account?

Windows still phones home. I have never logged in my Windows OS

1 Like

I used to worry about the data gathering of computer usage but not these days. The reason being that in the years I haven’t worried about it, nothing untoward has happened.

I think the data collection/feedback just goes into analysing collectively how people use their computers, the programs that are installed and any problems encountered. Also checking for pirated software. I’m fairly sure nobody will be sitting there watching the individual usage of many millions of people. Analytics help to improve the system by way of future updates.

1 Like

I tend to agree with you but running this program was so simple it seems a pity not to do it. I think the longest part of the process was typing “O&O Shutup download” into Google.

It only took a second or two to download, run from the download folder and click on “Apply only recommended Settings”. Job done, so simple. It even prompted me to create restore point.