Will you be watching the Superbowl?

Then I’ll cheer for the 49ers, maybe for old time’s sake. I remember when there was Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott and team. That was fun to watch.

2 Likes

no,dont watch sport

No,i only watch an occasional football game and darts.

1 Like

Nope…
Not since I have been an adult and lived on my own have I ever watched the Stupor Bowl.
Luckily, neither my late husband, nor the guy I was with for years before his ever have any interest in it either…
(my dad always had the American football on the TV every weekend, so…i couldn’t avoid sportsball when I was a kid)

1 Like

No … I’m washing my hair … :man_bald:

2 Likes

I really dont watch any sport. I always find something else better to do.

1 Like

Yes, I will be watching, no doubt about it :wink:

2 Likes

Certainly not!
League two football for me… You Reds!!!
Might just make the playoffs… just!

1 Like

Not at all but I would like the Chiefs to win just to upset the MAGA

1 Like

This sums up how much I know - I thought the superbowl was baseball :smiley:

I still enjoy watching rugby by the way, no idea of the rules but they spend most of their time wrestling in the mud in an endearing fashion which can be quite distracting. I can just about follow who has the ball.

2 Likes

I am thinking the Chiefs will win, with a lead of 10, how about 34 to 24 :thinking:

2 Likes

I won’t be tuned in. Too much already shown and advertised about it. And the halftime show? Again, for the next week that will be all we hear about.
That being said, I’d like to see the 49er’s win. Decades ago my son and I were fans of them…

1 Like

I do think the Super Bowl should be called the advert bowl!
Are there more adverts than in the regular season?
Or does it just seem like it?
Been less than five minutes since kickoff and I reckon I’ve seen more adverts than football!

2 Likes

5 minutes since my last post…and yes it’s advert time!

1 Like

Two minutes later-adverts!

1 Like

That’s all right, then … :wink:

2 Likes

Got to get the important stuff out there…
Never mind the game!
Hoping for more offense

in the second half.

2 Likes

Turned out to be a good one

1 Like

Summary for those people who didn’t watch but might be interested. I just wanted to know who won. Spoilered for people who have it recorded to watch later.

Super bowl 2024 details

Kansas City Chiefs win Super Bowl 2024 | Live updates, watch fan reactions | AP News

2 Likes

Didn’t watch the superbowl, I’m not a fan of any team sports. Football is the worst. They spend ten minutes working the ball up to the opposing end and then somebody kicks it all the way back to the other end and they have to start all over again. Very tedious! Perhaps it’s because my Dad never took me to a football match when I was young. Tennis is the same, Love 15 - love 30 - love 40 - game! Then the other player serves and does the same…It seems to go on forever. So many sets…especially if it gets to 6 sets apiece or whatever, and it goes to a tie breaker…
I love watching golf, especially the masters from Augusta. I watch it as much for the beautifully kept course, it’s like the garden of Eden… :astonished:
F1 is my favourite, I never miss a race. I know a lot of people can’t get on with it, but when you follow it for a season or two, you get to know all the drivers and team principles. There is a lot going on behind the scenes too.
I’ll watch athletics (mainly running events as you’d expect) the longer the races like 10,000 metres or the marathon, the better I like it. Although it’s not religious like the Tour-de-France is. I haven’t missed a tour for over twenty years. I can also watch snooker if I’m at a loose end but boxing used to be my favourite when it was shown on the BBC or ITV. I watched nearly all the Ali fights and boxers like Haggler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Our Enery’, Alan Minter, Hit man Hearns, and many other fighters of the day. It all came to an end when Sky took it over. Apart from the TV licence I won’t pay to watch telly… :009:

1 Like