Why Do Different Birds Keep Flying Into My House?

I have mentioned on the forum before about the robin that flew into my house and it’s usually seen as a message of bad news/a death.

A few months ago, a young thrush flew into my house and l couldn’t get it out, it was terrified as it kept crashing into the windows. It was pooing everywhere!
Then the same thing occurred a few days later. I’m not sure if it was the same thrush?
I can’t find anything about what a thrush flying into your house symbolises.

Yesterday, a wren flew into my house but stayed near the kitchen window. I tried to open the window but it flew further into my house. I left it and it eventually flew out of the open door.
I looked this up and thankfully, if a wren flies into your house it’s a very positive thing…

Quote…

The wren is a small bird, widely considered a harbinger of spring and rebirth . It’s also a symbol of the arts, because of its association with poets, songwriters, musicians, and anyone who writes or crafts written works. Wren symbolism includes rebirth, immortality, and protection.

It’s probably a load of rubbish but l am now pleased that the wren flew into my house and not the robin again!

Do wild birds ever fly into your house?

No but how lucky you are Art to have such interesting birds .
Would you like a flock of forty Rooks and Jackdaws goodness only knows what they harbinger :frowning:

2 Likes

Muddy, l get mostly pigeons, magpies, and various black birds.
I get lots of woodpeckers, lots of robins, Buzzards and an occasional beautiful Jay.
I never see sparrows or starlings here.

No we never get birds flying into the house, but then we don’t have large windows looking onto the garden, and at the front we look out onto a main road.

Many years ago, when my son was a baby, a crow fell down the chimney into our central heating unit cupboard - it was a warm air system, so a biggish cupboard with a heating unit and lots of vents. Anyway, I didn’t realise what had happened, just heard a lot of noise and banging coming from the cupboard, so went to investigate. As I opened the door this flipping big black crow flew out and crashed round the the kitchen and living room in terror.

I flew out of the house in terror!!! I ran up the road to some builders and begged for help. One of them came back and got the bird out for me, phew!! Off went the builder, on went the kettle, and then bam, another one, aagghh! Probably the first one’s mate looking for it. Couldn’t ask the builders again, far too embarrassed, so next door neighbour to the rescue - she opened the kitchen side door, then the heating cupboard door, and thankfully the crow flew straight out.

My baby son slept peacefully through all this commotion up in his cot.

1 Like

Nope I havent had one in the house which is surprising because a lot of the house is open at the moment due to the builders

I have had a funny experience though I put one of those garden mirrors up on a stone wall …it looks like an arched window and a Dove kept flying into it trying to get through …
Honest it was knocking itself senseless I think it was seeing itself as a possible mate…in the end I covered the mirror until the Dove lost interest i hope it found love elsewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do wild birds ever fly into your house? Art quote.

I should be so luck :wink: :innocent:

1 Like

A few years ago, I came downstairs one morning to see this - an owl had evidently flown straight at our kitchen window, and left a perfect imprint on the glass. Of course, I instantly went outside to see if it was lying dead on the terrace, but it was nowhere to be seen, so it obviously survived the impact.

1 Like

@Bathsheba , Bloody hell Bathsheba, yer windows mustav been
very dirty, or the owl mustav been wet !!
Donkeyman! :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

@Artangel , Too posh is it ??
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

Eh…what is?
Too posh to push?

@Artangel , To posh fer sparrers and rooks round yer joint ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Blooming cheek! :018: I’ll have you know it’s a natural powder that birds’ feathers are coated with, which waterproofs their feathers and also leaves the imprint on any window they fly into.

I got that off t’interweb.

1 Like

@Bathsheba , Ooooer! Never knew that ??
Very impressive though, just like a photograph eh !!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

2 Likes