Who Likes Cassettes?

I’m and old timer when it comes to music[and most other things, hehe] anyhow, I’ve never liked[CD’s] so I use those good ol cassettes, anyone else in this bag?

3 Likes

I think all mine have been thrown away.
They had an awful habit of getting stuck, getting chewed and stretching like elastic never to be played again.
To think, we all thought they were great compared to vinyl and yet vinyl is probably more durable, except getting hold of a turntable is a little tricky now.

yes those cassettes were so annoying. I remember sticking one together with superglue (the tape). Managed to get it working! Morti vinyl is definitely not durable when sticky fingered toddler fingers covered in melted chocolate put paid to your record collection with scratches and sweet fingerprints you realise that there is more to life than dire straits or fleetwood mac or the “lambada” :slight_smile:

Loved them 65.
Very versatile and portable.And you could re-use them if you got tired of the band,etc… just tape over the holes on the top.
Not now though,I haven’t got anything to play them on.

Yes those cassettes are annoying but I can’t seem to throw them all out. I’ve managed to get rid of some but I still have many. Cassettes had their good points too. Weren’t they great in their day? I still think they are. Then again I like real records and albums. I like hearing the scratches from it being played so many times, helping to create memories. I’m sentimentally attached to them. Many of those tapes were self help ones that made a huge impact in my life.

Note: if I had a recorder that worked I’d probably still play them. They were great for instant recordings. Fun stuff.

I still have some of my old cassettes, all my old vinyl and lots of CDs, I have a machine that plays them all, and will also transfer them to a memory stick. I remember spending hours, (well seems like hours) untangling cassettes, and splicing the tape with tiny bits of Sellotape, (other sticky tapes are available).

I still value my collection of compact cassettes and at least twice a year I will give them all a run-through to avoid the possibility of print-through. Most of my collection is on home recorded tapes and I found TDK’s Super Avilyn to be the best reproductive performer.
I still use VHS too and again TDK’s SA are the beat that I found. TDK

Yep I got a box in the attic, stuff I recorded on my dads Hitachi music system.Loads of tapes from the Alan Fluff Freeman Saturday rock show,the chart show on Sunday evenings was another fave.
Remember home made Compilation tapes ?,I could never fit all the artists name and song title on those covers.
Eventually I’ll get them down and set up my cassette deck and try and convert them into mp3’s.

I still have a few & a player for them, but none play well now, they go very slow so they don’t get played now.

I still have all my vinyl 45s and albums, cassettes, CDs and minidiscs. I still listen to the CDs and minidiscs but I don’t have my HiFi set up - no room for it in my office.