Where did you move and what do you like/dislike about the area or your experience there?

we moved to Spain over ten years ago when we retired

We love it here and had been planning to come and live here since 1986 when we bought our first property

Since then we have moved more times here than in England

Whats not to like the weather is great food is fairly cheap sorry inexpensive great friends both English and Spanish

The health system works

Will we be leaving anytime soon? No

Do I miss England not one bit

moved to bavaria

hello everyone I don’t usually write much in forums so sorry if I make a mistake or something. I lived in Sweden in the seventies for a year and always always wanted to live in Europe again. I spent a lot of time on archaeological digs around the world, bicycled through Europe for three months and then eight months travelling around the world in the eighties and nineties. For a while I drove a semi truck around the U.S. and saw most of our beautiful states. Now I am in Bavaria which was a surprise because I never thought it was affordable to live here. It is no fun in the U.S. and hasn’t been for a very long time, jobs are hard to come by and its dangerous. Even in Minnesota which was always a very nice state to live in. i’m curious about living in other parts of Europe as well or other parts of the world. My fifties have been far more interesting than any decade of my life I want to see as many places as I can and live in different places.

Ive got a flat to rent in Sunny Scotland if you’re interested!

Bit like a reply from a benefit claimant being offered a job.

O it means I have to get up before 10 O clock in the morning

O it means I have take a 10 minute train/bus journey.

O it means I should never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Were these your excuses for laying in bed all day??? Some of us were working. At the time I was commuting to and from London AND doing voluntary work too!!!

I live in the U.K. and wish I didn’t .
I am an alien in my own land.

has anyone tried India for the winter, i normally go in october till april

We lived in Portugal 2001-2006. Had a fabulous time: cheap wine, cigarettes, eating out. And of course the weather, beautiful scenery, beautiful people.

But, with all its faults, we missed London.

i would like to try it its so exotic .

never mind exotic is warm, every single day, the food is amazing, i have pork-chop an chips at least once a week…lol

P.S. i also take an IPTV stick so i get to watch all my fav shows… footie boxing ect.

We live Yorkshire now. We moved after I retired so that we could be closer to the grand kids. Before that we lived in Watford.

i moved my family to the outskirts of goodwood aerodrome to be as close to it as possible to avoid long journeys. excessive time spent travelling is time time wasted.

I moved to Yorkshire from Scotland in the early sixties, it was amazing, the complete social life was 100% improved, they had so many social clubs, i had never previously been in one, they had football…lol… at my level i mean, in Scotland you had to be able to play to get a game, in England all one required was a pulse, the entertainment in the social clubs, at one point Doncaster had 365 social clubs affiliated to the CIU… and top of the list there was work for everyone… sadly all of the above has gone, except i still have a pulse…

Interesting parallel. I grew up in Scotland, went to university then moved south. I live in Yorkshire now. I don’t know if it is just our neighbourhood but he have really lovely people here.

I moved from London to Somerset, still miss London and call it home :frowning:

1 Like

no my friend its not just your neighborhood, there are lovely people everywhere, but they rarely knock on your door, they are out there waiting for you

I agree, there are good people everywhere., And, in our case, they do knock on our door quite often. I lady a few doors down regularly comes in for a coffee and brings her little dog. The other dog is ours.

1 Like

I left London decades ago ,ten years in Brighton and now in West Sussex .

I have a deep affection for London but a day trip fairly wears me out .

A few weeks back I took my son to South Kensington, the que to get into The Natural History Museum was phenomenal.

I was told by a fella who could barely speak English that I needed to get some kind of online ticket or join the
line with the rest…a joyless experience .

Joyless indeed. I used to visit London quite often but not have done so for about four years. My son lives there and I suppose his job needs to be there. My sister lives in North London but she is moving up to Yorkshire to be closer to us. And properties up here are less expensive.

1 Like