When You Sit Down To Watch Television

when is there anything worth watchng on TV ? film repeats so many times seen you could even write the script. Rolling news reports on the same subject day in day out. Entertainment now mainly comedians telling filthy jokes and documentries covered by every other person doing the same thing.
The big joke is we are paying for a TV licence.
So now most evenings I go onto Tic Toc and watch what is happening in the real world

2 Likes

I rarely watch television but I did watch F1 today. I usually have a beer with it.

1 Like

I tend to have a piece of toast with a good dollop of butter,and a glass of red.
Dh has a piece of toast and a can of lager.

1 Like

Maybe a coffee and biscuit.

1 Like

A couple of liberty caps washed down with a good swig of absinthe does the job for me.

1 Like

Can’t resist a cake or two while watching Bake Off.

2 Likes

If I fancy a snacky treat its usually Liquorice Alsorts or Fruit Pastilles

1 Like

If I settle down in the evening to watch TV, I often have a drink, maybe a glass of Prosecco, wine or a cocktail.
Depending on when I last ate, I sometimes have a savoury snack too - maybe a bowl of crisps or nuts - or my favourite snack of a few mini breadsticks / crudités of celery and carrot with a red pepper hummus dip.

1 Like

I never watch tv until 9 pm . … not usually making for be before midnight
Usually a scone and a beaker of tea for a snack
I don’t drink alcohol.

1 Like

I rarely snack while watching TV, chiefly because I normally settle down to watch a film or the next episode I’m following, while I’m having my dinner. Once I’ve finished dinner, I’ll probably get a glass of water to sip for the duration of whatever I’m watching.

Well I guess it depends on what subscriptions you have. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and when I take into account the free streaming services from the BBC and ITV, I honestly feel spoilt for choice. There is just so much to choose from. I can’t remember the last time I complained that there’s nothing worth watching on TV, neither do I ever hear any of my family or friends complaining about this either. It seems like a bit of a blast from the past, to be honest.

2 Likes

We have our main meal at teatime so I have the telly on while I’m doing the cooking, eating and washing up. If I take my sandwich in to the lounge at lunchtime and relax on the sofa, I’ll always fall asleep afterwards. I never drink alcohol except a single glass of red with Sunday lunch, it makes me go funny, but Mrs Fox does the preparing and washing up on a Sunday so it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

We don’t pay any subscriptions Sheba, just the licence. We don’t have a smart telly either so it’s just freeview. I can usually find something to watch…

3 Likes

Same here, teatime being 6pm with a glass of red.

Movies, later in bed, a sip of water from a bottle, no snacks.

2 Likes

Same here, we refuse to pay out any more money to watch TV.

2 Likes

I always try hard not to have a snack but when I fail, I’ll have a biscuit (or two at the extreme :blush:). No alcohol after 5 pm. Used to be very different when I was younger.

1 Like

No alcohol before 5pm for me.

2 Likes

When the sun is over the yardarm d00d…Good man…

3 Likes

We save our pudding from dinner and have it watching telly…….slobs! :open_mouth:

1 Like

mention that and reminisce of a days hard work, a jug of ale earned.

1 Like

We don’t really snack but will often eat our meal watching tv, my husband reckons it’s only time I watch and don’t keep talking through the programmes :innocent:

1 Like