What's the most unusual job you've had?

Might be the basis for a TV play!

1 Like

Who paid you for that? Sounds like a dream job.

2 Likes

Becoming a designated cannabis grower for patients with licenses. It’s fun. It’s easy and it makes good money.

I worked as a private cook for Phanton of the Opera singers. And walked their dog. It was a great job ; I loved it

5 Likes

Boot, thank you for sharing this. Pity we can’t put some of our current young folk in your shoes even if only for a day. :thinking::thinking: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi heeled sparkling silver steel stilleto shoes perhaps ?? :innocent: :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I worked in an engineering factory that was running out of money. It belonged to a group of companies who decided to make some drastic cuts. The first was to sack our CEO so together with an ex rugby playing machinist, It was my job to visit his property and repo his flashy motor which was a company car…He didn’t put up a struggle…
I was later assigned to clear out a factory and rival company that our company had purchased and closed down in Nuneaton…Not very nice seeing fellow engineers put out of work…Still…Somebody had to do it…And I made a good bonus… :pound:
:disguised_face:

Totally agree this testimony from Boots is both amazing and inspiring .

1 Like

Not really an unusual job for me, but for a lot of people maybe.I worked in a horse riding school for 5 years. Did everything, took out hacks in Richmond park, mucked out stables, groomed horses, cleaned tack, fed horses, looked after any sick horses we had, though those not often thank goodness.Rode livery horses if the owner couldn’t make it. Gave lessons to beginers in the out door school. In fact did every thing to do with horses. I loved it, but wages were low & not enough to live on, it was virtually 24/7 all year long, got a day off per week which I spent helping my friend with her show jumpers, so never got away from horses. I smelt of, lived & dreamed horses for years. Sadly I had to leave was getting no where & wanted my own horse, so I left. I was 20 by then.

5 Likes

Had a part time job modifying fruit machines so they complied with the 1968 gaming act. I was part of a team of three. We didn’t need to have the whole machine delivered, just the back doors on which was mounted all the relays and wiring.

1 Like

Another I had in the same field was Icebreakers on the Great Lakes in Canada. Freezing cold on one of the dry docks By the time I got out of there it was nearly -20C.

1 Like

As a cosmetologist and salon owner, I was regularly asked by family members of their departed friends and family to style the last hairdo, attend to make-up in the local funeral home.
Our funeral director became a mentor to me, watching while I used hot rollers, curling irons, and placing the uplift of the eyes/mouth/cheeks to give them a familiar look.
As the director said to me, " When I would see them on the street, they were animated. When you were styling hair, they were relatively still while seated in your chair."

I truly liked being asked to help. The pay was great, and no complaints from the client. :grinning:

4 Likes

I can only imagine it would have given you one hell of a shock if they did start to complain Pam😱 Once again I don’t know how you managed to do that, put it out of your mind and sleep at night .

2 Likes

My strangest job was making nappies for a living, I did that for nearly 25 years and hated every minute of it. :weary:

3 Likes

Here, in UK, cremation is usually the order of the day.

It is one of the last nice things I could do for them as they moved on…i hope they would be smiling down on me. Or, up…as the case may be😁

3 Likes

Cremation is more popular here, too. But, we still need to look good for calling hours.

1 Like

Fair enough. It’s not my cuppa tea.

1 Like