What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

Last week, I was having trouble sleeping. I slept a couple hours a day for a couple days, but got back on track a few days later.

I tend to like sleep, so I don’t go for long without it. The most time I’ve gone without sleep was probably between 36 and 48 hours. That was very rare.

What’s the most amount of time you’ve been without sleep?

I’m having trouble sleeping too … with a broken arm, it’s difficult to get comfy. I’ll be dropping off at some stage during the day.

1 Like

When I was younger I used to have about 4hrs a night and I really didn’t need more…I’m making up for it now I’m older. :slight_smile:

I think the longest I’ve been without sleep would be about 48 hours but that was a long time ago

1 Like

I have never been a long sleeper and now if I get 3-4hrs straight per night, I am contented.
The longest I can remember was around 48hrs. I was at that time state employed and was with Royal Palaces at Windsor Castle. President Ronald Raegan was there as part of his 1982 State Visit and as district officer, I had my part to play, thus ensuring 100% smooth running for The Queen and all of her entourage. . . Ronnie was impressed :+1::clap:

I once didn’t sleep all day and all night and all day again so I guess I would say about 36 hrs.

1 Like

Pretty much the same for me carol.
Then when i did manage to sleep,i had the worst headache ever when i woke up.

Being the usual Last Minute Minnie, I was preparing for my Final Degree Exhibition all day and all night, then all day again and then all night again! And then adrenalin kept me going through my assessment and the high of passing saw me through to the celebratory, final, Indian curry in Brum with everyone else.

I did NOT make it to the nightclub however…
:woozy_face::grin::joy:
I reckon it must have been about 60 hours all told.
I remember that the only reason I got out of bed the following day was to drink water and pee!

1 Like

I have quite a few nights with just 2 or 3 hours sleep due to back problems.

1 Like

I had a severe dental problem a few years ago and I didn’t sleep for two days and two nights due to pain.

1 Like

I’ve had a few long days in paper mills and steel mills but the worst for me was a bottling plant in a distillery… The plant was operating 16 hours a day so I has to do the late shift - five days of it. I was not a happy bunny…:frowning: Interestingly, or otherwise, the bottling plant was in Scotland and the long hours were close to the of the year - yes, spirits season…

1 Like

Im not a night owl usually asleep by 10.30
Can’t remember going without sleep

I’ve been to a few music all-nighters.Although I did have some chemical assistance.

Oh my! This would have to be during my younger years, but I was up for 42 hours studying for an test that never happened

I slept for 2 days straight afterwards :lol:

Welcome to the forum @LivingLarge007 !

If you’d like, you could post an introduction thread here. Just click the New Thread box at the top.

About 39 hours!
Woke at 3a.m.
Had a concert that evening…couldn’t come down after it and finally crashed out about 6p.m. the following evening.
Now I’m awake about 19 hours a day!