What's the best chocolate chip cookie - cakey, chewy or crispy?

Is the ultimate chocolate chip cookie light and cakey, soft and chewy or thin and crispy?

The ultimate chocolate chip cookie is
  • Light and cakey
  • Thin and crispy
  • Soft and chewy
0 voters

I’m a true Brit who prefers proper biscuits to “cookies” - anything resembling a biscuit has to be light and crisp when I bite into it - none of that soggy, soft cookie dough rubbish.

2 Likes

I don’t like chocolate chip biscuits at all - sorry, Butterscotch.

2 Likes

I’m with Tabbs. I don’t like them either.

Where’s the “I don’t like choc chip” option?

2 Likes

I’m with Tabby here. I don’t like any sort of chocolate chip in baking - biscuits, cookies or cakes. I don’t like chocolate cake or chocolate pudding either! I like chocolate though. Weird :102:

I don’t think you’re weird, Sheba, I’m the same in not liking chocky cake or pudding.

2 Likes

“Hash” Brownies - and that’s got nothing to do with fried potato and onion things.

. . . or chocolate chip cookies.

I like chocolate chip…I like all things :chocolate_bar:

Oh that’s good to know I’m not alone, haha!

1 Like

Here in America, the chocolate chip cookie is the nation’s favorite! We bake up a batch when needed for a friend’s visit, grandkids coming, picnics, and simply to smell the chocolate goodness fresh out of the oven. Hmm, mmmm. Delish!

1 Like

I love chocolate chip cookies - in any form. They all taste delicious when dunked in a cuppa! :yum:

2 Likes

Soft & chewy. IMHO the best cookies are sold by KFC, but they often are sold out quickly.

1 Like

I keep forgetting we don’t speak the same language. Just when I think I have the most generic topic, I get tripped up by language. lol

Truth be told, I don’t eat chocolate either. What I like about the :cookie: cookies is the variety of outcomes that create a while different kind of cookie by varying the ingredients and the science behind it.

1 Like