What Type Of Dog/ Cat Food do they prefer

I change my dogs food I would not like to live on muesli everyday either . I always get the kibble with the most protein content and no grain additives. I also give him raw meat once or twice a week but I cook liver for him as he doesn’t like the texture raw ( nor do I ) He also gets a couple of raw bones every now and again .
He would prefer to eat pizza and chips I think he’s turning into Mr M.

1 Like

I only feed dry food . Currently on life stage grain free . I gave up on tinned / wet food years ago after a particularly bad spell of stomach upset with my then Dobermann…
generally my dogs are healthy and fit on the stuff

2 Likes

What a beautiful well groomed poodle, is he / she a standard?

I used to have a miniature poodle many years ago,:heartpulse:

I have had two Dobermans and one did have stomach upsets at times I wonder if they are more susceptible to tummy trouble .

1 Like

Yes he’s a standard we used to breed miniatures

1 Like

Katkins sounds very similar to Butternut box for dogs .
My dog loved it . The quality was fantastic.
The only problem was it was a monthly supply, was delivered frozen to your door which was great , however it took up too much room in my freezer.

Dogs eat more than cats so I expect the packs would be larger. I currently have 2 weeks supply in my freezer, and it is no bigger than a large sliced loaf.

I’d certainly go back to Butternut Box if there there was a 2 wk option.
I believe my dog he’s 8 kilos and active was on a 200 g pack.

Max gets Hill’s Prescription Kidney Care. It’s not cheap but you do what’s right for your pet.

1 Like

Butternut is the healthy food I mentioned earlier . Mungo has proved me wrong by eating it today !
I have cancelled my order but as you say it comes in a months supply and takes up all the room in the freezer .They can do two week delivery but it is more expensive .

Well that’s interesting a fortnightly delivery…. Shame this week I got an email from Butternut their delivery from August will cost £3.99 .

Ours have just changed to home cooked food as we realised we could feed them beautiful food at a fraction of the price their tins and dry was costing. I have to say its amazing after just two weeks how much better they are eating, how much less anxious our nervy lab is and how laid back our chihuahua is becoming. Coats and skin are better and we feel happier they are only getting good stuff without preservatives etc. Seems commercial foods just did not suit our two but obviously may be absolutely fine for others so no judgement from me on whatever people feed.

1 Like

My cats hate cat food but will eat it when hungry. I usually give them a portion of chicken or fish each day as I heard that pet foods are cooked at very high temperatures that kill the good bacteria in the food. Pro biotic supplements cost about 85p a day for each cat so it sounds like your dogs are getting it from your home cooked food! :+1:

1 Like

My Loki is a terribly fussy eater if he eats at all! He’s not like normal dogs who love to devour food. Apparently itsxa common trait within Maltipoos for them to be poor eaters.

I worried at first but not now as he’s thriving well and eats when he’s hungry.

I have thrown lots of food of his away.

Tried butternut box which was expensive but he ate 1 pack and won’t eat any more!

Little bugger is mad about cheese though!

Mungo my collie is not a food oriented dog .
He does like liver though and I cook it for him at least once a week .

This is Fang the Wunderhund a Yorkie with an attitude problem

Tends to eat most things, but I vary his diet, raw meats and processed foods, plenty of veg, luvs mango he seems to thrive on it.
Edited to add, the expression was because I had told him we were going for a walk and it was raining

2 Likes

George will only eat Gourmet A la Carte cat food…it has to be the little tins though as he doesn’t like sachets

His very very favourite food is chicken curry fron the Indian takeaway…he loves that.

1 Like

You rotter ! hope you made sure he was protected with an umbrella.

In the late 90s, we had two female dogs (Pomeranian and Chihuahua Long Hair)They both loved Pedigree Dry and Tinned Wet.

1997-2012, two male dogs (Sheltie and Yorkie) Tesco’s own, wet and dry.

2022-Present, one male cat (British Short Hair Black) Purina One Sensitive Stomach Dry Turkey and Rice and Sheba Poultry and Fish in Jelly.

When ours were puppies they would be fussy about the food, until one breeder fed hers on a raw diet and no problems. So that’s what berry was on so i kept it going for sometime, this is him as a puppy, he’s with Barley.

Berry is 9 now.

Now they’re both on CSJ command performance dried food but i soak it with water.
Barley became sensitive to that food so now he’s on Harringtons dried food.