What is your take on this?

I prefer absence rather than friendliness when it comes to ghosts. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

‘Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.’

But then I watched Netflix’s Russian Doll so I am not sure if I did.

Thanks for people’s responses to my thread.

Harbal I promise not to come back and haunt you. :wink:

It was a tad weird at the time and I’m sure there are many who have had similar experiences but don’t maybe want to admit it for fear of ridicule.

I also had a dream once then saw what I had dreamed in the papers the next day. I have only just remembered that whilst responding.

Off to bed now so hoping it will be peaceful. :yawning_face:

1 Like

You would be most welcome while you’re still alive, but stay away from me if you die; I mean it, stay away. :grimacing:

:slightly_smiling_face:

only once in my lifetime has this happened. It was about 30 years ago and I saw a little girl with long blonde hair dressed in such a pretty white dress like a communion dress. I saw her as plain as day stood at my chair to my dressing table then she disappeared as quickly as she had come. I can still see her in my minds eye now 30 years later.

Never had an explanation for it but I never felt afraid.

1 Like

I never felt afraid either as it was so fleeting and I never questioned it as such ,was just curious to see if there might have been a connection ,as the person didn’t resemble any member of my family.

1 Like

When I dream I can always link what happens to events of the day or something I had seen on TV… but not the same people or incidents.
I sometimes wonder if our minds play tricks with us, so maybe the people we see are just visions that don’t exist, but have been created by our thoughts.

When there is something there, the image of it that we experience is constructed entirely by the mind. So, it’s not really a great leap for the mind to construct an image of something that isn’t there. Our senses are not as reliable as some of us think. :thinking:

I haven’t encountered any ghosts (so far) but My Sis’ did see
My Partner waving to Her across a busy road the day after He died…and I did have some odd things happen in My Home like the tv turning itself on and changing channels,also the radio playing Our fav’ tune,pieces of jewellery going missing then turning up in odd places…didn’t think too much about it though…strange things do happen,

I was awake when I saw this apparition, and had not dreamt about him.

Would it be that wishful thinking could turn into reality. :grin:

Hi May,

I’m sure that the mind does play tricks on us but some things that happen really do have no explanation.

Sometimes it can just be psychosomatic.

1 Like

I can well understand why people doubt seeing things that are not reality. It is more a case of believing when it happens to yourself. Having experience it myself and several others including family does tend to change ones mind

2 Likes

I wish my sister would come in my dreams or even come as an apparition. Oh how I would love that if even for a few seconds.

2 Likes

I’ve had numerous experiences along these lines. One of the most remarkable was when I was at my mother’s house, a couple of months after my father had died.

It was a Saturday evening, and I was sitting in an armchair next to a front window, lightweight curtains drawn. At around 10.45 ish, I heard a car pull into her ‘drive-in drive-out’, which was thick gravel, so the sound was unmistakeable. But not only did I hear it, I also saw the headlights as the car swept in through the far gates and come to a stop right outside the front door, no more than 3 or 4 feet away. I heard the engine go quiet and saw the lights dim. I waited for footsteps on the gravel, thinking it was Mr B, who had been working at a nearby pub. But nothing, no car door opening and shutting, no footsteps, no sound at all.

It’s worth noting here that throughout this, My mother’s German Shepherd was in the back garden racing backwards and forwards barking her head off, which rather indicated that she had heard the car too.

Anyway, I got up and went to the front door, which was just the other side of the living room door where I was sitting. Opened the door, and there was nothing there. No car, no person, just nothing. There is no way the car could have started up again and driven out of the other gate, because it would have had to drive right past the window where I was sitting. I would not only have heard the engine and the crunch of the gravel, but I would also have seen the headlights go on.

My mother let the dog in the back door, and she raced straight to the front door, ears up, tail wagging. We had to open the door to show her, as she wouldn’t accept there was no-one there.

We realised afterwards that it couldn’t have been Mr B anyway, because it was too early. It was, however, about the time my father would have come home from his Saturday night pub visit.

3 Likes

Lq sometimes they visit us in dream state . Its very different to a dream much more intense and the feelings and images stay with us whereas a dream evaporates . I have had a few dream visits from my two dogs queenie and lady and my mum dad and brother . When this happens you can smell and feel and touch them and believe me you won’t forget it ever .

In bed ask your beloved sister to meet up with you while asleep , but just let the thought go , it may not happen that night but she will hear you .

Edited to add don’t be disappointed just let the thought go and have no expectations its not always easy for them

1 Like

Yes, I have. A couple of weeks after my ex walked out on me, my father sat on my bed at around 6am and sort of woke me up. What’s strange about that you might ask? Well, he had died and had been cremated almost 2 years previously. Any road up, he told me that things would get better on the romance front and to just give it time. He was right, a month later I met V and, as they say, the rest is history.

5 Likes

This is what I’ve been told too, Susan. It takes a lot of energy for them to come.

I have also never seen things when I am asleep, I think that’s different, but three times I have seen things clear as day when I’ve been wide awake. Once in a church, once at my Mum’s house, and once at my own home.

I have said before on here, I was the biggest sceptic until it happened to me personally. You don’t doubt any more then.

3 Likes

I’m sure my brother Philip looks after me and sits on my shoulder.He’s been gone over 36 years now but still remains with me in spirit.

I know some people would consider this madness but I get great comfort from this as he was taken so early in life.I visited a spiritualist after he passed as I was unable to cope with his passing and she told me that he had a child with him. They lost their unborn child to a miscarriage and there is no way she could have known.

Life is sometimes stranger than fiction.

3 Likes

Like Mups, I have said on other threads, there have been many instances since I was a teen when I have felt a presence, seen a vision out of the corner of my eye, and have seen visuals right in front of me. Usually it is a comfort to me, I am glad whoever it may be that is watching over me, or showing me what they think I need to see.
Several years may pass, and out of the blue, I feel other worlds are about and active. I hope it continues.

I woke from a deep sleep and sitting on my chest was Queenie and Lady yet there was no weight, oh I could cuddle them ,I could smell them and they were warm and chubby . I rubbed their ears and they had crunchy bits of food in them as they did in life as I was always washing ears . ( cavalier King Charles) this lasted maybe 15 seconds and they evaporated. This was 12 years ago I’ve never forgotten. Another time years later I was poorly and off work with a frozen shoulder and in pain . Again I woke to feel Queenie lying across my chest with her tummy lying over my shoulder .I could feel the heat from her tummy warming my shoulder. She lay quiet and still for maybe a minute . I stroked her warm soft chubby body and smelled her doggy smell till she evaporated .

Both died over 18 years ago .

1 Like