What is your home like - are you a clutterbug, untidy, clean freak or showhome type of person?

:023:

It’s true I tell you.

What is your home like.? was the question so best start with what it was like.
it is a 4 bed house built on the mid 1980’s and never modernised. virtually everything needed doing including the amateur efforts of the previous owner who claimed to be a builder.

Where do we start? lets go from the front door. This he has tried fitting a yale door catch with one side metric and the other imperial so it would close properly. I got around that by filing down the part that goes into the recess bit which had been plastered in place to fill in the cockup.

Next was downstairs cloakroom

Fitted new skirting boards as had holes in where old pipes came through . Retiled window shelf old had damn great footprint marks and not level. Sue re papered and painted

hall new carpet stairs and landing . Moved doorbell to get rid of loads of wires and replaced door bell push and front door fittings replaced.

Kitchen new overhead lighting and new central heating boiler

General
before I go on have to mention all internal door locks checked and where needed fixed. All windows eased off as they are ones than open up to
clean outside. New carpets throughout. new radiators and heated towel rails to replace old radiators in bathroom and ensuite

conservatory
new UPVC top put on dwarf wall.

landing
removed power cables around skirting under carpet

complete refurb of main bathroom and ensuite. Complete redecoration in all rooms.
Outside removed 2 log sheds and replaced one with greenhouse the other removed completely as it extended over the conservatory window.

Garage
took 2 days to dismantle 2 work benches made of tree trunks split from top to bottom and then sort out the electrics. replaced doors with electric roller shutter type

Think I have left out a lot more but gives the general idea of what the place was like and how it is now. See Carols question on bathrooms

Bedroom before and after.

I took down the dividing wall and made two rooms into one.

Awwww! You got teddy bears in chairs too. Though I think I have a lot more that you have.:lol:
Good idea to make the room bigger.

Our home is really tiny … as we live and travel in a camper van in UK and Europe. Do have rental property in UK but love living in wheels, every day different … now where shall we go next week.

Hi

Just downsized massively, from a huge 4 bed with dressing room etc to a small, Ex Council, end terrace.

Weird though it is, I love it.

For the last 40 tears been in a detached, strange having noises from next door.

Street Light right outside, a constant stream of Blues and Twos.

The next road across, about 200 metres away was shut off by over 20 Armed Police last Friday.

Do I miss it, well yes, in a strange way.

£15 quid a week mate to make sure nothing happens to your can.

Swan Off, if anything happens to my car, there will be trouble.

They never learn, the arrogant pillocks.

£420 including my excess to get it done.

They will be paying me for it.

In the meantime, one broken femur, two dislocated kneecaps and an idiot who ran away, tripped up and knocked himself out.

Such is life, I can live with it.

There is something seriously wrong with life today, when I was a kid nobody hit or robbed your Granny,

If they did they got absolutely hammered and nobody saw anything.

Here in the Town, it is par for the course, I find it so wrong.

Big Ted gets to sit on the bed in pride of place. He even gets his own festive cushion and hat at Christmas time. :lol:

Which one is Big Ted? Photo please.

DingDong, what a gorgeous bedroom… absolutely love it! Just my thing. A lovely old property too by the looks of it - am I jealous?

I seriously miss the old character houses I’ve lived in. Can’t beat the character of an older property, whether it’s in the wilds or in the suburbs.

Life in a small 60s detached bungalow in a very quiet cul-de-sac whilst lovely on the one hand, is seriously boring on the other. :confused:

I live in a tiny barn conversion, I have tried to trace it’s history the furthest I got to was the mid 1700s where it is described as a barn connected to the local coaching inn. The inn is across the road and is now residential.

The barn has had a chequered history it’s last use was a garage for storing Leyland Buses it was then converted and we converted it again when we downsized and bought it. As I said it’s not big two bedrooms and two bathrooms…have to admit after downsizing I miss a big garden.

Thank you Pesta. It took a long while but we got there in the end (well, almost). We moved from a 60’s house and they certainly have their benefits. They are much easier to maintain for instance. What’s odd is that when I was younger I hated Victorian houses, they depressed me just looking at them; now, I live in one. It’s funny how age changes us.

He’s not that big really, just bigger than the others. I will have to take a pic, although he is a bit shy sometimes. I might have to pretend to be doing something else then spin round and catch him out.

A new thread maybe?? Show us your bears! :wink:

Brilliant, a new thread Show Us your Teddy Bears. Will you start it or shall I?:slight_smile:

I warn you I can bore everyone to death with mine, I have a lot.

Ha ha.

You can start if you don’t mind because I am waiting for some sofas to be delivered and have no idea what time they will get here. :cry:

ok.:023:

We want names too. :-p

Longy I love your bedroom and the flooring is lovely.

I love that all the soft toys have their own chairs…I wonder if they swap about when no-one is looking?

Lovely room LD :slight_smile:

Thank you. It’s nice of you to say so. The floor is actually just laminate but so many people have said they like the stripped ‘floorboards’.

Summer, I have caught them swapping chairs in the night. They think I don’t know what they get up to. :-p