What is an obvious sign it is Christmas Madness time where you live?

Yesterday after work I went to Cannington Carousel Shopping Centre. (I caught the train rather than drive. Me not silly.)
290 stores. 4300 parking bays.
On arrival I see the car parks are full with people driving around in circles waiting for a spot to become free.
I noticed a guy unloading his purchases into the boot of his car, push the trolley away which then hits the front corner of a car cracking the light. We locked eyes, I walked on.

1 Like

Bloody nose to tail traffic, going nowhere fast. :rage: Crowds of cross people everywhere…
I will be soooo glad when it’s all over. I hate the Silly Season before Christmas and New Year. :rage: :sob:

4 Likes

The shops are closed for TWO days. What is it people can’t survive without, for goodness sake

3 Likes

The journey home from hell on the bus yesterday. Crowded with buggies and bulging shopping trolleys in the aisle so that people struggled to get on and off. Blinkin’ chaos. So glad to get out.

2 Likes

Try to actively avoid any madness at this time of the year. I don’t visit stores as the piped Christmas " music" makes me depressed and avoid driving near any traffic jams. So bring lots of greenery, holly and flowers into the house. We have a real tree with plenty of cheery lights and a good real fire in the grate. A bit Anglo Saxon perhaps but we do have a chimney! Plenty of walking to boost the serotonin. Good wines and food.

1 Like

father xmases and elves all walking around in heavy wollen clothing in 35C in the shade?? even the snow is artificial!!

1 Like

Hi Bret,
On the opposite side of our big Island ( Orstraylia ) I was sitting in my car in yet another mega busy carpark facing outwards, about to drive forward and leave when I suddenly noticed a shopping trolley coming toward the front of my car in this almost “mandatory sloping” carpark ( Do they ever build any on flat land anymore? )

Then I noticed also two GINORMOUS water melons in this shopping trolley probably weighing most of a small person.

No problem there, BUT there WAS a real and increasing problem as this trolley & melons began to pick up speed.

The other minor?? issue being that it WASN’T a TESLA trolley and it had NO DRIVER nor ANYONE STEERING IT.

It obviously couldn’t wait for its driver and had begun to head off on its own.

NEXT - KERBANG as it smacked into the front of my car and then sorta ricocheted off and gathered more speed as it headed further down the slope.

My first reaction was to try to get out of my car in an attempt to stop it but quickly realised that I hadn’t a hope in Hell of catching up with it,

So all I could do was watch the trolley and melons then continue their path of destruction after gathering enough speed to trigger a police radar gun
( well almost ) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It hit two other vehicles further down on the other side before finally stopping wedged firmly between them.

I dread to think what those vehicle owners’ would have been thinking when they got back to their vehicles. :angry: :angry: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Great description :grinning: