What if the Sun Exploded suddenly?

That must be what being cremated is like :laughing:

3 Likes

Horrible thought, but you might be correct. A pressure cooker!

2 Likes

I hope Iā€™d be unaware. Sounds like a horrible 8 minutes that wonā€™t make a difference.

1 Like

just the tan Iā€™ve always wanted!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing butterscotch, the more you have crammed into your life, the longer it will take to flash before your eyes :laughing:

2 Likes

For some bizarre reason, when I read the thread title, I thought you were talking about The Sun newspaper - I would be cheering if that rag suddenly exploded! :joy: :rofl:

I canā€™t get my mind around the idea of the real Sun suddenly exploding - itā€™s so unlikely in our lifetime, I think - if that happened, I probably wouldnā€™t have time process the information before my demise.

1 Like

There was a BBC drama based on sun destroying the earthā€¦It was good and probably would unfold in real life if that was to happenā€¦

Hard Sun is a pre-apocalyptic crime drama set in contemporary London. The protagonists are two mismatched police officers, Charlie Hicks and Elaine Renko, who stumble upon proof that a mysterious cosmic event will destroy the earth in five years, a fact the government is trying to keep secret to avoid complete anarchy. The duo is pursued by MI5 operatives who are trying to silence them for good.[12]

1 Like

The interesting scenario is where you will be when death occurs, and, will you have any control over it

2 Likes

Yep, knowing how much the establishment keep from Joe public, we might never know whenā€¦
:sunny: Boomā€¦

1 Like

well I was lying on bondi beach the other day and thought it had?

1 Like

Goodness, what could cause that? Our sun has trillions of years of life left before the helium burns out and eventually becomes a nebula. By the time that happens, weā€™ll either be extinct or have developed the technology to relocate human life elsewhere.
Our sun is way too small to go supernova and explode.

3 Likes

Sorry, canā€™t comment, never seen a Sun explode before so, all we have is data :icon_wink:

2 Likes

And computer modellingā€¦The computers donā€™t do a very good job forecasting the weather further than a week, and they have most certainly got it wrong about the effects of CO2 on the atmosphere.

1 Like

We just need to wait, and see.

1 Like

Check out the NASA website. They have tons of real imagery from supernovas! :smiley:

1 Like

I bet they do. :grin:

1 Like

Lots of imaginary :icon_wink:

1 Like

It used to be called ā€˜An Artists Impressionā€™ then it was ā€˜CGIā€™ now itā€™s Alā€¦Who the hell is Al?

I gather that Betelgeuse is due to explode quite soon, in about 100000 years which is soon in cosmological terms. I shanā€™t wait up.

3 Likes