Went to a garden centre last Thursday

And met these two gorgeous creatures - don’t have a big enough garden to accommodate them nor a big enough bank account to buy them!!

horse

stag

2 Likes

Handsome creatures, Tabby.
They would have set you back a bob or two. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s OK - I gave them Dongles name!

It’s OK - I gave them Dongles name!

Good thinking. That’ll teach him for deserting us. :grinning:

1 Like

Love the horse. I’ve seen similar around £1000, dragons too.

1 Like

I met a huge Dragon there once a couple of years ago - think I posted a photo of him at the time.

1 Like

Brigg or Shiptonthorpe Tabby?

1 Like

Langlands at Shiptonthorpe, Foxy. If you were thinking of rushing over there to buy me one - please could it be the Stag??

I should have guessed it was Langlands Tabby, because I remembered seeing those quite recently and it’s been a while since I visited Brigg. The food is not what it was, is it Tabby? Their meat pies, new potatoes and lots of fresh veg were to die for. The pies are all bought in now, chips come as standard, and the only veg is mushy or garden peas now.
Even the quiche aren’t made fresh on site. And judging by the staff, it seems like I accidentaly stumbled into a restaurant in Gdansk… So disappointed.

@OldGreyFox - You are right about the food, Foxy. It used to be really good - now it is just average greasy spoon type stuff - even the sandwiches are well below par.

Have you ever been to the Lakeside Cafe at Allerthorpe? Their food is delicious, the cakes are all home made. You can sit on decking over looking the lake and watch the carp - some of which are as big as small sharks! Lots of baby ones at the moment as well.

Just don’t go during school hols though!

Sounds like my kind of cafe Tabby, will definitely give it some custom.
And thanks about the warning… :hugs:

1 Like