We like Milk Churns

As the title suggests, we like milk churns. Here are a few photos of our collection.

A French milk churn.

A glass fibre replica milk churn that was once a solar powered fountain but is now capped with a home-made wooden lid and replica tractor seat I made from an old wooden fish tank lid.

From left to right, a common or garden UK 10-gallon churn, a lightweight 5-gallon churn, a milking parlour churn that would be filled direct from a cow or two in a milking shed, and a farm labourer’s milk-can.

Left to right, a pottery churn I bought in the USA for 3 dollars American, a present from a friend, and a pottery churn I bought yesterdegg in our local Mind charity shop for £4 that will be part of my chrymble present to my Lovely Cousin. I am sure she will belighted to have one more thing to dust.

4 Likes

Love the Pottery Churns , not seen anything like them before…
In my travling days the 10G Churn was filled up with water and that was our water supply ,In a family of 8 it didnt last long .

2 Likes

Great pics! Reminds of a time when I was at a friends and saw his dad putting one of those in the car - I asked my friend what it was and he said it’s to get RAW milk from the farm!

I’d love to find a local farm that sells raw milk!

1 Like

love the milk churns as a planter and garden ornament, thanks, another idea on me to do list

1 Like