We are being lied to

Hi

News management at it’s worst.

Yes, there are global issues with energy supplies.

However we are paying far more for our energy supplies than others.

This is entirely down to our UK Policies.

A Link.

I do not agree with some of the comments, but the map of prices is accurate, enlarge the map and look at EPEX

We are paying 60% more than Germany, and it is not only domestic, industry is suffering.

It was a Boris decision to leave EPEX as part of Brexit.

1 Like

All of the articles, inside this Byline Times paper, seem to be anti Brexit.

In fact, it blames Brexit for everything.

They are still fighting the Remainer battle.

I know, maybe we should re-join the EU and all will be well?

It’s laughable.

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s part of the price we will pay for Brexit and they are keen to cover it up.

We’ll have to wait to see if the gains outweigh the losses on Brexit and I don’t think rejoining is an option, at least not for a good few years.

I expect people who voted Brexit think the losses are worthwhile and will be outweighed by the benefits.

But they still need to own those losses and not try to cover them up and just claim the benefits. Because that just causes resentment.

It’s got sod all to do with Brexit…It’s like the hospitals are full of non vaccinated people…and driving your diesel is causing floods and bushfires, we are all being taken for fools and we lap it up…Well done BBC!

2 Likes

Hi

The facts are true Tedc.

I know it is Anti Brexit, which is why I added the caveat.

We are paying 60% more than the big EU Economies.

Nothing wrong with Brexit, just the deal Boris made.

It is not what he promised and many of the reasons for the UK paying stupid prices for energy are our own incompetence from both Labour and Tory.

If you make comparisons there will always be some cases where the UK pays more - but also where the UK pays less too.
"If you thought that prices for industrial use electricity and gas in the United Kingdom were expensive, then think again.

Recent research using real company data across Europe suggests otherwise. The data shows that the UK’s prices are either comparable to other countries or some of the cheapest available!"

I know that some of The Telegraph can only be read if you subscribe but those that can read this might find what Iain Dale says about the matter to be a logical explanation and I will include a few snippets after the link:

The energy crisis has been caused by many things, some outside our control (like Putin’s stance on the supply of gas) and others totally within our control (like green levies and the energy price cap). Try as I might, I can’t see a Brexit angle to any of this.”

Part of the reason we have an energy crisis is because our energy basket has become unbalanced. Much as the Greens tell us that we can be wholly reliant on renewables, we’re now discovering that the opposite is true. Our failure to invest in new nuclear infrastructure over the last 30 years is catching up with us.
The Germans will rue the day they gave up on nuclear, but at least the Germans have filthy coal to fall back on. We do not.”

The green levy on fuel needs to be scrapped. Our money is being spent on mainly wind turbines that are unreliable and expensive. We need UK owned, UK managed and UK operated nuclear fuel instead.

2 Likes

240589230_10221394047946026_5346548998458295393_n

I just read, somewhere, that the wind has not been there, often enough, for us to depend on Wind Turbines for our electricity, recently.

Is Global Warming shooting down our attempts to find the alternatives?

1 Like

I think you’re right, Rox!

Hi

A lack of forward planning by the Politicians, it is as simple as that.

Tidal is best, no reliance on wind, and we have some of the biggest tides in the World.

Nuclear is not cheap. we have guaranteed a 100% rise in the electricity price for the new French/Chinese Nuclear Power Stations.

This is a nonsense as Bread says. it should be British Companies.

The big problem with Nuclear is the decommissioning costs, both Labour and Tory have backed away from grasping the nettle and finding a disposal site.

We have huge reserves of inland gas and oil in the Tory Heartlands centered around Gatwick…

No chance of that being used.

Personally I think that the way around nimbyism like that and siting nuclear stations and waste sites too is to do what other countries like the Swiss do, and ask the people.
Put it to a vote.
Cheaper bills & use oil/gas/nuclear OR very high bills and rely more upon green fuels and imports with the corresponding risk of power shortages.

At least that way no matter what the outcome it would be a democratically-made decision.

1 Like

Hi

Yep, spot on Zaphod.

I was hoping when we left, we had the Swiss Model, a very successful Country outside the EU.

1 Like

While I tend to agree with you regarding tidal being the best over all, there is what to do about the ~2 times/day periods of slack water when the tide is turning - these last for about an hour of so each time. What do we do then? Suffer outages?