Was I rude yesterday?

I bought some fruit at a stand yesterday and said to the checkout lady, “Keep the change”
She seemed so happy that she offered me a gnarly old, slightly shrivelled cucumber for free. I said, “No thanks, you keep it, I’m sure you would enjoy it more than me” :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

A very kind gesture.How could she possibly think you were being rude? :grinning:

1 Like

I suppose it all depends on what she thought you might like the cucumber for. :rofl: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

At least she didn’t offer you a bag of old nuts.

1 Like

Which is why I said to her - “You would enjoy it more than me” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

True that. Old nuts have no use. :thinking: :grinning:

They do if you are an ole totter (scrap scavenger)

There are various ways of looking at this…not suitable for a family forum😅

1 Like

Just one question … had she seen you having a leak? :grin:

1 Like

It depends

Did you raise your eyebrows suggestively, smirk, lick your lips in a lascivious way, then wink? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If so, pervo!

1 Like

What happens with old nuts? Melted down and rebirthed as other stuff?

Which was why I paused after leaving the produce store, was my reply rude, I asked myself. :grinning:

1 Like

Certainly not. :grinning:

Bretrick too pure for lasciviousness. :laughing:

1 Like

No, it wasn’t rude - however by not accepting her offer you have unintentionally devalued her intent. Had you just graciously accepted, it very likely would have given her a higher sense of self -worth and a tiny warm glow inside that she too had done something nice like your kindness with the change you told her to keep.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

No you didn’t.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out to me. I will remember this lesson. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would have accepted the cucumber and smiled back with a sincere ‘Thank You’…
Probably thrown it in the bin later if it was manky…
:relaxed:

1 Like

Tut…tut… compost heap surely,
Where are your green credentials I wonder?
Not that I’m being rude :wink:

2 Likes

Not in my opinion.

1 Like

Not exactly rude but ambiguous replies leave room for interpretation. Isn’t that what you had intended? :wink:

1 Like