Wanted: Weekend Getaway

This is that time of year I start having cabin fever and wishing for a little weekend getaway just for a change of scenery and to warm up. Will probably end up in a little coastal community called Fairhope, Alabama. It’s a small walkable town with plenty of outdoor things to do, good dining, and quaint shops.

Where would you want to go within a few hours of where you live?

1 Like

It looks lovely there, hope you get to go soon

Tintagel in Cornwall for me, 2hrs 15 minutes drive from me

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintagel

1 Like

Oh, just beautiful! Thank you for the link.

I am amassing a list of places there I hope to visit and this would make the list.

Hope you likewise get to Tintagel soon.

1 Like

The Peak district - here’s the scene where Lizzie stands atop Ramshaw Rocks in the 1995 BBC version of pride & prejudice

Matlock Bath (unfortunately flooded today)

Well dressings in warmer months

1 Like

The thought of getting away does cross my mind sometimes, but I can’t see me doing it. There doesn’t seem any point in going on holiday alone, although I know lot’s of people do.

We are planning a trip to York in a couple of weeks. I, my wife, my sister, and probably the dog. It is a lovely and interning city… We went there but that was about twenty years ago.

1 Like

I’d love to have a get away, but no point cos I would have to take myself with me.

1 Like

I might be brave next summer and venture a day trip to somewhere not too far. :thinking:

1 Like