Wales goes to the World Cup

is this a round ball game or a pointy ball game

See the tag football :slight_smile:

Great news!

So bombs aren’t needed to break Ukraines defences.

We are supposed to be making extra special efforts to support Ukraine at the moment. Not beat them when they are down.

So is everyone supose to lose in sports just as they did in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Our “special effects” have resulted in the invasion in which Russia was perfectly entitled to undertake continuing for months along with a huge death toll on both sides with Ukraine using weapons from Western manufacturers.

1 Like

I don’t think you are right, Aussie Rules and NRL are football, the round ball game is called soccer. Wrong tag! :wink:

I’m a football following Welshman of something something years but I would have preferred Ukraine to have won.They need all the good news they can get at the moment.

Only in uncivilised parts :slight_smile:

I7

It appears it was an own goal .

These circuses are not too dissimilar.

I wish I hadn’t started this thread .
Personaly I couldn’t care less who won I’m not welsh or Ukrainian it was just something on the news .
Perhaps it would have been moral boosting for the Ukrainians .
However their country is devastated so many of their people dead and now with an implacable enemy at their throats I can’t see that a foot ball match would make that much difference in fact I wonder they had entered a team in the first place .

It’s not about who won but who didn’t.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ukraine were supposed to win, but they were so crap they messed it up…
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ukraine played well and probably deserved to win on performance.
Gareth Bale’s free kick was deflected and ended up as the only goal of the match.
Ukraine had many shots on goal and were only denied by the brilliant defending of Ben Davies and outstanding goalkeeping of Wayne Hennesey. They quite literally saved us!
But… it’s been 64 years since Wales last qualified for the World Cup and we are a wee nation of just 2.8 million, proud people … so all I can say is…

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
:026: :026: :026: :026: :026: :026: :026:

You’ll doubtless be excited to learn that Australia beat UAE and now need to beat Peru to get into the soccer world cup.

More intense excitement for the soccer fans, Australia beat Peru today and is going to the World Cup with Wales.

did we establish whether it was a pointy ball or round ball?

I think the reporter was quite excited, don’t you?