Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

No I am not.

Eat Micro curries and some plums as well as well as other fruit

No red meat latly

Little veg.

Depends on time of year.

So B12 given tablets and also given folic acid in tablet form.

Two dayslater slight better

Goggled the lacking of both and found most of the symptoms I am suffering from such as the depression and itching. and the massive tiredness are my symptoms
A month to go before what I find the results the results is Vit D is…

Will post in Oct the result

Slightly better in 2 days ? Hope you continue to improve galty.

Well done Galty.
Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Ok

So is there a reason why you are choosing to eat micro curries and not giving your body the real fuel it needs?

Are there things you just can’t eat?

Galty Vitamin B12 is found in meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, yeast extract (such as Marmite) and specially fortified foods. This will take around 4 months to restore your levels.

You can change your diet to include vitamin B12-fortified grains, a supplement or B12 injections, or a high-dose oral vitamin B12 if you are deficient. Older adults who have a vitamin B12 deficiency should take a daily B12 supplement or a multivitamin that contains B12. For most people, treatment resolves the problem.

Weakness and fatigue are common symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency. They occur because your body doesn’t have enough vitamin B12 to make red blood cells, which transport oxygen throughout your body. As a result, you are unable to efficiently transport oxygen to your body’s cells, making you feel tired and weak.

If you are able to, try eating more of these…
Beef, liver, and chicken.
Fish and shellfish such as trout, salmon, tuna fish, and clams.
Fortified breakfast cereal.
Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
Eggs.

If you can’t then make sure you are having Vit B12 pills or injections. If you don’t this can happen…
vitamin B12 deficiency can cause megaloblastic anemia, a condition where the red blood cells are larger than normal and cannot function properly. … If left untreated, the symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency tend to worsen and irreversible problems involving the nerves and brain may develop.
My mother in law ended up in a care home, with dementia, because her Vit B12 was too low, so listen to your doctor no matter what anybody tells you!

The depression has gone thank god

For the first time for months slept all through the night after I have woke up a 1 in the morning.

Still tired but not as bad.

Legs still ache and still killing me.

After three days of B12 tablets.

Feel ten times better.

Good news, glad to hear lad :hug:

Great post.

Had B12 vits prescribed 6 years ago and then stop taking them because my B12 was back to normal

One thing will say is after 65 have a blood test ever 6 months.

I agree with you Galty, I have at least one blood test every year, it tells your doctor so much about how your body is working!

If you can get an appointment to get it done, still waiting since July to get an appointment for my diabetic check. No appointments available. Flu jab yes they are running a clinic no there aren’t any appointments available.

Its so simple.

Go to my Doctors and ask the lovely girl that I need a blood test she presses a button on her Comp and it prints out a form which I take to my local Health centre and get the test done.

Simples

I’m relieved my blood test didn’t show up any inflammation .
I was worrying that my symptoms could be signalling I was suffering from Polymalgia Rheumatica for which there is no treatment other than steroids.

I understand what you mean. At least with vitamin deficiencies the problems can be easily cured with supplements, that do no other harm!
I hope you are fully recovered soon>:-)

Reading up on this vitamin D deficiencyhttps://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/vitamin-d-whats-right-level-2016121910893 ,like the authors here I’m not convinced [URL=“https://www.pharmacist.com/article/vitamin-d-deficiency-there-really-pandemic”]https://www.pharmacist.com/article/vitamin-d-deficiency-there-really-pandemic

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/are-we-currently-amid-a-vitamin-d-deficiency-pandemic/#.XXTVbWV4WK2

Personally I think that if you believe everything you read on the internet you are bound to be uncertain! Most sites tell the story that helps them make the most money…so they all tell a different tale!
Details, on the link I gave you, seemed to fit with what my doctor told me & I thought you would find it useful, but all healthcare should be a personal choice!
I am not sure what you are not convinced about, but we are all individuals so maybe you should ask your doctor if you are in doubt!

Twink re asking a GP of which there are six in.my practice that would also be a personal opinion if I did just that ?
I tend to go along with experts in their field as mentioned in the links .

I understand that those of a darker skin colour including children , those covered up and maybe other categories probably need to but not everyone needs to be taking high amounts of supplements .

Like I said, it is your choice, but after suffering pain for 8 years, I now feel a different person. If your Vitamin D levels are low, surely that isn’t a doctors opinion, it is the result of a blood test!
All the doctors at my practice believe that it is good to take vit D supplements in the winter, but if your blood tests are low at the end of the summer you can more easily break bones…It took 10 months to heal my broken wrist, which started last September !
It is up to you, but I would much prefer to discuss things with my doctor, who knows me, rather than listen to somebody on the internet that I have never met.

That is disgraceful. Could your MP help? My DiL is type two and has no problem getting checks. NE England.

[quote=“Twink55, post: 1779230”]
Like I said, it is your choice, but after suffering pain for 8 years, I now feel a different person. If your Vitamin D levels are low, surely that isn’t a doctors opinion, it is the result of a blood test!

All the doctors at my practice believe that it is good to take vit D supplements in the winter, but if your blood tests are low at the end of the summer you can more easily break bones…It took 10 months to heal my broken wrist, which started last September !
It is up to you, but I would much prefer to discuss things with my doctor, who knows me, rather than listen to somebody on the internet that I have never met.
[/QUOTE ]

Twink I was almost ( I refused) put straight onto steroids after a GP diagnosed PMR without a blood test . The result was negative ,no inflammation .
Do I trust him ? Not that it was him who wrote the prescription and when I questioned the high dosage with the receptionist she said discuss with the pharmacist .
Twink I don’t eat 3 meals a day to be taking 20,000 iu 3 times a day !! !
Yes it know with the blood test showing a 20level ( this resulted in my research into the links I provided) it might be lowish and the doctors plans are to get it up for winter.
So yes it’s my choice to look into opinions .

I was prescribed Vitamin D tablets years ago after breaking a wrist and still get them. I’m quite happy about this, I don’t go out much now, especially since Covid.