Video shows UK Reading Festival aftermath as clean-up begins

Video shows Reading Festival aftermath as clean-up begins - BBC News (drone video)

Drone footage of the Reading Festival site shows tents and litter left behind after the three-day event. Despite efforts by festival organisers, discarded tents and sleeping bags have repeatedly been a problem after the festival ends.

Morons … :rage:

Shocking … :scream:

I know I shouldn’t generalise but wouldn’t these festival goers be of the generations that are supposed to be in tune with the environment and the green agenda?

1 Like

Probably easier to sort out than tents stuffed in bins, chucked in the river, whatever.

1 Like

The festival-goers may be the same generation as young environmentalists but, patently, they come from different breeding stock and suffer from genetic deficiencies … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They are probably told … if you’ve got a disposable tent then just leave it where it is.

I hope a fab time was had by all.

1 Like

Oh well that’s alright then.

1 Like

Having looked at the rules, I can’t see any such advice - just charges and banned items … :man_shrugging:

Leeds Festival: Tents left behind at Bramham Park - BBC News (drone footage)

Hundreds of tents were left behind at campsites after Leeds Festival.

Drone footage shows camping equipment littered all over the fields at Bramham Park.

Volunteers and charities usually visit the festival site after the three-day event and attempt to salvage the tents.

Obviously, people with too much money can’t be bothered cleaning up their own mess and just leave it for someone else to deal with … :angry:

3 Likes

In a nutshell!

1 Like

We live in a throw away society.Buying things is what we are conditioned to do.

1 Like