USA 2020 - Itinerary

Hi

It is what is best for you Floydy.

As regards flights, I travel a lot.

Flight times are often nothing compared to the amount of time you spend in the Airport.

My regular trips to Poland, four hours in Airports, two and a half hours flying.

Even flying Ryanair is better than waiting in Manchester Airport.

Longhaul is always Emirates or BA, with a lounge.

Thanks Swimmy.
Yes, we will definitely need to take into account the waiting times. On some of the longer flights we even ‘lose’ a day messing around with flights and so on. Way it is.
Hate Manchester airport but it’s closer for us than London, but booking the hotel overnight and airport lounge will make it much more comfortable :cool:

I was exhausted just reading the itinerary.

If you are wanting to break up the flight, yes then, Chicago would be a good call. It’s an interesting city with plenty to do. Boston is a 3.5 minimum drive from New York in heavy (truck) traffic, so unless you flying in and out of there, that would work out fine.

The last thing I would do would be to steer you from your interests, so go for it and have a great time!

Believe me, it’s more exhausting changing it all the time trying to find a do-able plan, Savvy. Almost there with it now I think! :cool:

Not at all, Surfermom, I appreciate all your help. If it wasn’t for you I’d still be going to Long Beach (although my friend I saw today said they loved it there…depends what you want in a place I guess!).
We won’t be driving anywhere, so it will be planes or trains (no automobiles:lol:). We may even get to both cities yet, cutting a day or two from San Diego and Vegas. We’ll see how plans work out to enable us to add a couple of days for Boston. I have about three weeks until I book it all, plus we’ll be asking the travel agent too for advice. :cool:

Check if you are flying direct from Manchester or having to get a connecting from Heathrow…2 hour stop over

Ideally I’m hoping for a direct flight to SF, Galty but it depends on the cost really. I’ll see what the travel agent can do for us there :cool:

Almost sure no direct flights from Manchester.

Like your itinerary…Boston Chicago would think I would like to go to both.

Just checked and Virgin do a flight on a Saturday. Expensive but it’s worth checking properly with the travel agent.

Wife wants to go to Nashville as originally planned so can’t do Chicago. That means Boston is out too. I’m okay with that for the two nights then it’s New York, a much easier logistical transition actually.

I suppose it is. I have never thought of it like that. :slight_smile:

S F it terrible now , so many homeless living on the Streets ,same as LA,so be careful where you venture ,seriously .
smile

Maybe not bother at all then. Stay at home. Never go anywhere.

There are homeless in every town and city of the world.
Yes, I feel sorry for the homeless but I’m a tourist. I’ll be on holiday and however selfish that may seem to some, I’m going to enjoy it fully. My wife needs it, I need it.

Go for it, Floydy, and have fun!

Nice.

Would love to go to the Grand Ole Opry.

My wife is finally looking at the holiday agenda, after leaving it up to me. She’s the sort that will let me plan things for three months and then suddenly want to change everything at the travel agent!
Anyway, I think we’re both happy with it all now and all I’m waiting on is my pension to come through and we will get it booked.

Galty - Apparently the Grand Ole Opry isn’t the same building in working use anymore, but still exists as a tourist attraction.
I’m looking forward to booking seats for a show in Nashville though.

When the holiday is paid for with all flights and accommodation booked, I’ll be looking online at any possible concerts or plays which tie in with our dates in various cities. It would be great to have the seats booked prior to going. Maybe one of the residency acts at Las Vegas, a Broadway show etc.
It’s all getting quite exciting! :026:

Don’t think it’s direct though, on the Virgin site it shows stops at either Atlanta or JFK with a change to Delta for the onward light.

Hmmm. Yes, this is where the travel agent will come in handy. They’ll find something suitable I reckon :cool:

I almost FEEL like I am going with you, enjoy yourselves. Sometimes its the things that are unexpected or go slightly off kilter that invoke the most memories.