Up The Garden Path

Ok Dex, as you know, I’m always bobbing round the place picking bits a pieces up, I will mail you next time I’m heading Northwards.

Absolutely a grand job, can imagine there was not much left of you both…here is your next one…beer tent already and on tap…

we just had to buy this land as it adjoins our base of Garden and had outline planning for a house etc…we came here for one…peace from neighbours…many other reasons…
We have already purchased a suitable farmy type mower god it was 1500 Euros, but it is going to do the job, then he bought another bigger brush cutter and I did not even view the price…we walks about in farmy clothes…does not care about clothes so much.not like me, it’s a hobby…

Our new land is now cut short and trees debranched of hanger traps…all happy and what a scorcher today…:023:

You are gonna need a giant Spirit Level, or a Professional with a theodolite.:lol::wink:

And some Knee Pads.:lol::wink:

no way…we Frenchies ways… can and do leave terrains in ways you have no knowledge …
No.1 you are knocking down an old wall…do you dispose of the walls contents…yes if your British no if your French…you pile it anywhere, let the grass grow over it and hey…a hilly terrain…we or I to be exact have removed at least 6 hills…the final one is …

Some hills should never flattened.

Just tarmac the whole lot. You know it makes sense.

Non sense and tar for that suggestion, but Mac dont like it…he like’s the feel of Hay and Straw between his toes…and the bird mess is camouflaged better as are the rats and snakes…ohh and the Pitch Fork would not like Mac either…Hay is this becoming a Saga…:wink:

More than pleased with the lack of separation of the turf, given it was laid on the hottest day of the year.

https://i.ibb.co/LQj3NHN/F1-B3271-D-D177-4-A94-AF57-342-AFAD8-F4-F3.jpg

Looking good spitty.

Top job Spits, looking great…

Cheers guys, the icing on the cake is refusing to pay £800 and odd quid, to have it laid, even having done all the prep work.

Hello old thread, well I have been busy again, when I built the front Hall extension, I set the threshold for the doorstep low, this meant there had to be a half step in the hallway which I regretted because it upset the smooth flow of the laminate flooring (and was a potential trip hazard for visitors) so, last week we had a new front door fitted with a higher threshold which has allowed me to raise the floor lever inline with the existing hallway. I decided to do away with the laminate flooring and use ceramics that are already in the downstairs loo, the laying pattern of which dictating the position of the tiles in the hallway. You can see in the photos I have managed to draw the pattern on the floor which allowed me to pre-empt any problems but, I have been so lucky, so silly slithers anywhere, in fact, if you look at photo 3, the perimeter tile tucks under the existing skirting with perfection, also, drawing the pattern onto the floor has allowed me to quantify the tiles as well.

2 Likes

Well done, Spitty!

…… and well done from me Spittyl :+1:

Nearly there, the tiles might start tomorrow :smiley:

The two original levels have now been united, cut a complicated tile which fitted seamlessly around a newel post, then trod on it and cracked it. :crying_cat_face:

Had a cracking time. :grin:

Cut the jigsaw in advance then, just slap them down simples (don’t forget the two coats of acrylic primer though).

1 Like

Main hall area tiled, tomorrow is grout time and resetting the skirting board, then, I have to remove the charcoal tiles in the kitchen and replace them with these. The threshold bar is being replaced with a darker shade, that is a remnant of the laminate flooring.