UK : Matt Hancock broke government rules over I’m a Celebrity stint

Matt Hancock says he’s going on the show to promote dyslexia awareness which l think is really great.
The trouble is, l think he will be picked for all the challenges!

I love Boy George. I look forward to seeing him on the show as he’s a great speaker and talks a lot of sense.

1 Like

I don’t think Rishi Sunak will be watching the show after snubbing Matt Hancock when he was being congratulated for winning the leadership… very awkward!!

1 Like

It’s not so much that he’s going on it, more that he’s helping himself to two weeks paid leave when he should be in Parliament representing his constituents, voting, attending debates or working in his constituency

Times are hard, we are facing big problems, he’s paid to be in Parliament, helping to sort them, not gallivanting off on some self-publicising jolly, it’s not a good look

And if a bottom rung civil servant slaving in the DWP for £20k a year did that, helped themselves to 2 weeks paid leave and abandoned their job and responsibilities, there would be hell to play, wouldn’t there?

I think there should be a recall and sack him

The problem is it’s far to hard to sack MPs once they’ve got their bum in the chair

I think they should get the boot if they do anything that would get any other employee the boot :hiking_boot::peach:

1 Like

Nothing surprises me anyone of that lot (Conservatives)

3 Likes

I understand a lot of his constituents who are a tad miffed by his actions are going to vote for him to do all the bush tucker trails especially anything to do with eating kangaroo penises or bums…couldn’t happen to a nicer guy

1 Like

Matt Hancock always reminds me of a naughty little boy! He’s always got a trace of a smirk on his face.
I bet he wants to leave politics anyway and may be trying his luck by becoming a television celebrity.
I bet he will be popping up on other television programmes in the future… after all, it’s money for nothing and your chicks are free!! :laughing:

I doubt he will end up in Dire Straits

1 Like

delete

only if he wins

1 Like

Thought they got paid the best part of £200k anyway? He’s deffo brought the attraction of curiosity to the show, and has earned his fee just for that.

1 Like

Matt Hancock seems to feature in every News programme at the moment.
The Conservatives should be glad of the publicity for their party… even though it’s not the best publicity.

1 Like

Off topic here, but I went to see Brief Encounter at the Octagon Theatre in Bolton. Unfortunately the lead character immediately reminded me of Michael Gove for some reason, which decreased my enjoyment somewhat and made it impossible to accept the romantic story line.

It looks like Hancock is busy developing new career opportunities and new income streams for himself, ready for if/when he doesn’t get voted in at the next election!

I can’t blame him for wanting to move on from politics and pursue a new career, now he has blotted his copybook so badly whilst in government, but if he has been spending his time writing a book about the Covid pandemic and is now planning to appear on a TV Series, perhaps he should do the decent thing and resign from the job he is supposed to be doing, working as an MP for his constituency.
It sounds like his mind is on other things, which will be earning him more money than working as an MP anyway.

Maybe he thinks the £400k fee for the TV Show is worth being suspended from the Tory Party for - when Nadine Dorries did it, her suspension from the Tory Party only lasted 6 months - maybe Hancock thinks he can get the Tory Whip re-instated before the next Election and, as he sits in a safe seat, anybody wearing a blue rosette would win the seat, even if they are a charlatan -
And if the Tories freeze him out for what he’s done and don’t reinstate him as a Tory Candidate before the next election, at least he got bumper earnings this year, worth more than another 5 years as an MP, with his pay rumoured to be £400k from ITV and £100k from the book publisher plus his £84k MP salary.

Maybe Matt is not as stupid as he seems - not very honourable, though.

1 Like

Ah yes you’re right. I was thinking of Big brother. Yes he is planning to go on and be voted off immediately - quids in. The show has definitely reached rock bottom.

2 Likes

No-one is voted off immediately - voting starts in the second week.

It was always rock bottom!
Bring back New Faeces and Opportunity Knocks.
Loved the clapometer!

2 Likes

I think all wannabe tories should be made to spend a fortnight downunder … sort out the men from the boys.

1 Like

The former health secretary may be exempt from some of the show’s famed Bushtucker Trials because he apparently has trench foot.

My old Dad would have said “It’s far from Yer arse so You won’t have to sit on it”

I wouldn’t know.