My dried food supplier does:

https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/search?search=Horseradish%20Root%20Cut

If that’s any help.

Otherwise there are suppliers online:

https://www.ocado.com/search?entry=Horseradish%20Root

That is from China - so no thank you.

Will have a look at at Ocado.

Thank you for the links, Omah.

That sounds very much like a principle being exercised, Tabby.

Why not try growing your own?
We used to have loads of it in the garden - I hate the stuff but my husband used to love it, so we always had it fresh with a Sunday roast beef and various other dishes too.

It is a hardy perennial which spreads like wildfire in a garden but you could try growing in pots, maybe?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/horseradish/grow-your-own

But not China pots. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would terracotta be ok? … :wink:

1 Like

I have nothing at all against the Chinese people, Harbal, but I will not knowingly support a communist regime. Plus - the picture Omah very kindly put up - showed it alteady cut and packed in cling film. If it is coming from China it is not going to be very fresh, is it?

I’m sure you haven’t, Tabby, but the chance to pull your leg was too tempting. I’m sorry. :pensive:

1 Like

Being as it is you - you are forgiven! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I knew you’d let me get away with it if I looked sorry enough. :slightly_smiling_face:
:hugs:

1 Like

Have you tried any health food shops? I’ve come across all sorts of things in them that supermarkets have never heard of.

I remember asking in our local co-op if they had any semolina, because I couldn’t see it anywhere. The young assistant took me to an aisle and pointed out… tinned semolina :roll_eyes:. No, I said, I want the dried, fine grains that come in packets. He clearly didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.

2 Likes

I know I’ve seen fresh horseradish in Tesco at sometime in the past, because I remember thinking, oh, that’s what horseradish is, is it. I don’t know if they still sell it.

1 Like

I can’t believe fresh produce causes so much angst amongst supermarket staff!

It causes me angst. I just don’t buy fruit from Tesco anymore. The last time I did, it was peaches. They remained rock hard for a week, so that I had to wait for them to ripen, and then they turned to mush overnight. Ripen at home is the euphemism they use to describe that process. God knows what they must do to them before they go on the shelves. :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s berries for me. Juicy and fresh, yet some chemical reaction happens when I’m getting them home and they become juicy mush :frowning_face:

I’m not a peachy pixie…more of a mango one. I adore mangoes. :mango:

3 Likes

Most of them - round here anyway - are very young, Pixie, and they think everything comes in jars and tins!

1 Like

Yes, I read that schools were educating children on where meat comes from…as in pork comes from pigs, beef is from cows etc…the kids all think its ready wrapped in the chiller cabinets.

1 Like

Yes, I like mangos. :mango: Yummy :yum:

2 Likes

I may try that, Boot, will it be ready in time for Sunday Luncheon?

Seriously - thank you for the linky. It would be good to grow my own - might have a go at wild garlic as well !

1 Like

Gosh, that brought back a memory, I used to love something called “Horseradish Relish” haven’t had it since I lived in the UK.

(I think that is what it is called)