Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill - Update - Mike Pence testifies in criminal probe of Trump

Presidential Election in place and Trump supporters have disrupted proceedings.

Sedition much Trump?
Things are going down right now on the other side of the pond.

Wow! Somehow, I had a feeling that that might happen.

BTW, the Yanks spell it ‘Capitol’.
As I’m sure Surfermom will tell you, the Americans are not too good at spelling! :lol::lol::lol:

Security has been breached , guns have been drawn.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-election/pro-trump-protesters-storm-u-s-capitol-as-lawmakers-debate-election-results-idUKKBN29B2PS

Officers at the front door of the House chamber had their guns drawn as someone attempted to enter the chamber.

Do not understand any of this.

Trump is refusing to go… He doesn’t lose!

I’m waiting to see how some members respond to this topic before I chip in…:cool:

Give 'em their due; the Yanks don’t mess about!

So, some people are prepared to kill or be killed over this?

Just how bonkers are some of Trump’s supporters?

Reminds me of Remainers, they wouldn’t accept a democratic decision either.

Yes, you’re correct. I need to stop defaulting to UK English :mrgreen:

Not been paying much attention so not sure what is going on.

:confused:

I’m not going down that there Hill Billy road…

I’m watching this thread with interest

Imagine how the Chinese are laughing now.
A country that is so proud of its democracy.
Puts the Boston Tea Party to shame

Chip in sly old grey fox

You got that right. It does not make it right though

That crossed my mind too

I was quite astounded by what they are/ were prepared to do as well, where is this all coming from, surely Trump doesn’t support what they are doing?

He’s not appeared to call for calm in person.
He was more interested in what Pence did a short time ago.
Following his dubious pardons and pending legal investigations against him, I doubt he will concede.
But, stop the bus, not many of those rioters and protesters/supporters are wearing masks and its COVID-19 Central in the US

He’s incited this!

Indeed, surely the American President will not humiliate himself having to be evicted from White House.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/update-bomb-threat-causes-2-brief-capitol-building-evacuations/

According to multiple law enforcement officials, multiple suspicious packages were found near the Capitol grounds, but it is unclear if these are actually explosive devices.