Trigger Point, Coming Soon This January, On ITV

I thought it was a bit rubbish… so slow.
I watched it via my recording and turned the volume off, as l didn’t want to jump out of my seat if a bomb suddenly went off. I don’t need a heart attack!!

Yes, I agree. As a fan of Joe Mercurio’s TV dramas, I think this one has been over-hyped more than a tiny bit. And, for Adrian Lester’s character to be blown up at the end of episode 1, well, that’s a loss of a good character actor. I’ll give episode 2 a go to see if things improve.

1 Like

TBH, I switched off early on, as I was tired, uncomfortable and just wanted my bed. Did I miss much?

1 Like

Percy, It seems Joe Mercurio didn’t write it at all, he produced it!
It was written by Daniel Brierley.
Yes, Adrian Lester is a good actor. I was surprised by the end bit.

Jazzi, You might like it but it didn’t seem to run true somehow. I fast forwarded my recording as there wasn’t anything really to miss!

Been watching on catch up, bit of a slow burner, not going to rush back to see the next episode.

1 Like

Hmmm, might watch on catch up. Might not! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi

I agree with Ruthio about the Licence Fee, I am quite happy to pay it.

As regards Trigger Point, it is outside what my experiences of the reality of the situation are.

Fiction is Fiction, great fun to watch, but do not confuse it with reality.

1 Like

I too was disappointed and feel it has been hyped up on the basis of Line of Duty. Hopefully it will pick up.

Thanks for pointing that out Artangel. I didn’t know.

I think you are right. ITV has a history of over-hyping underwhelming dramas. V mentioned she’d seen plenty of reviews that confirm this.

Any one see last nights offering, I haven’t yet, can’t say I’m immediately drawn back to it.

We did and thought it was much better than the first episode.

BTW, I found out why Adrian Lester only appeared in the 1st episode … He was contracted to work on other projects at the time of filming so, it was agreed that he would be written out after just one episode.

1 Like

Yes I have to agree, will watch it when its on again next week.

Watched the second episode yesterday and was really disappointed. The story line was so very slow and I felt Vicky McClure had either mislaid her acting skills or was embarrassed at the storyline.

I agree, it’s so slowwwww… and l can’t take it seriously because you know she will survive every episode!
I can watch it in about 15 minutes when l record it and fast forward it! I just stop for anything that might look interesting!

Well I don’t pay the BBC Tax on principle, as I’ve mentioned before elsewhere on here.

Anyway, ‘Trigger Point’ will appear sooner or later on ITV Hub and I look forward to watching it.

Another reason why I despise the BBC and would never support it.

1 Like

Just watching this now on ITV Hub.
Who needs to pay the BBC Tax? :rofl:

Who said that it was too slow?
Well the first episode wasn’t.
Now for the second episode. The advantages of ‘catch-up TV’… apart from not needing a licence, of course!

I saw a small part of Trigger Point - not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd episode - but I was shocked at the way the bomb disposal staff operated - my OH was in military EOD bomb disposal and if they had been as gung ho as that woman who is playing a bomb disposal officer, they wouldn’t have survived long - if they hadn’t been killed (which many of them were) they would have been up on a disciplinary charge for doing what I saw her doing in the bit I saw.

I suppose they have to make it dramatic but it wasn’t very believable to me.

2 Likes

Hi

Spot on Boot.

I have never been Military or Police, just a scientist.

That is simply not the way things happen.

It may be good TV, but it is definitely not accurate.

I am in awe of your man.

1 Like