Tow path terrorists

Stories like this make me mad :frowning:

Reg, I take it you do know that boats actually floatā€¦? :roll:
One of our friends has a narrow boat and we have been fortunate enough to have gone on many trips over the years (in fact we did The Wey last July). I am pushing 70 and apparently of the weaker sex and yet I can tow the boatā€¦:roll:

Glenny, you do know the engine has been invented, donā€™t you?

At 70 you shouldnā€™t be towing anyway.

Thereā€™s no need to use horses

Percy, I couldnā€™t agree more and as has already been said it erodes the banks and can cause a lot of damage, never mind making life very uncomfortable for other responsible boat users, especially live aboards, as well as fishermen. No wonder they often look grumpy! (Present company excepted of course! :wink: )

One thing I will say though in our experience it is usually the renters of day boats and narrow boats rather than owners who pay no heed to speed limits (apart from some posers on their gin palaces :roll: )

Thereā€™s no need to use a lot of things but there is something called tradition.

Sometimes you need to just tow the boat a few yards to a mooring, itā€™s no biggy. I was just trying to illustrate it is not a huge burden for a work horse!

I put it on my rhubarb !l

Donkeyman!

Quite right Glanny!
Anyway the horse is unlikel to be galloping is it??
I doubt if it even makes a bow wave ?
Regarding the " they get in the way of other responsible users of the
canal " remark l would remind whoever said that, that canals were made for canal boats and not for joggers/ cyclists or
paddleboarders etc! etc! Even cabin cruisers are suspect due to
the speed factor?? All the afore mentioned are interlopers and only
the horse and barge are meant to be there !!
They will be saying next that the lock gates must not be opened as
the gate levers obstruct the cyclists/ joggers etc ?!?!
WTF ! !
Donkyman!

Who are you to tell Glanny or anyone else they shouldā€™nt be
doing anything reg??

Donkeyman!

Reg, these horses are not your average everyday hacks that people ride around country lanes on or, God forbid race on tracks. These are heavy horses* that were specially bred for pulling a plough or other farm implements or field guns, cannons and the like, even knights of old in their armour. They were bred for heavy work so pulling a narrow-boat with a full load is nowt to them.

• Suffolk Punch, Shire, Clydesdale are examples of heavy horses.

So are they forcng all these unlicensed users to obtain licences
and take tests Cinders??

Donkeyman!

I shall refrain from subjecting people to my humourā€¦Vive la cheval

Just joking Reg ! LOL!

Donkeyman!