Tour De France 2024

Interesting to see so many enthusiasts who I’d have expected for the EURO24, especially since England did so well. As Bruce indicated, whenever there’s an athlete who’s “out of this world”, as he describes himself, I tend to get suspicious about whether he’s just in a better shape or has helped to make it happen.

2 Likes

After watching the highlights of the tour every night religiously I was so disappointed at the anti-climax that was the final time trial. The order of the top five was known after the first week, and although the following stages through the beautiful countryside of France and tough days in the mountains was so exciting and for me, unmissable, I was so let down that I switched off the TV before the end of the final stage. Nothing to do with the change of location, just the lack of a sprint finish.
I don’t know if anyone watching the race noticed that there was not one sight of massive new housing estates, or warehouses as big as small African countries that we seem to have here.
France looks like England in the fifties…What the hell happened to us…?

1 Like