Tough Times Ahead Worldwide

The rich are only rich if the economic model is sustained. What is happening right now is not in their interest. It’s not in anyone’s interest but it was predicted a long time ago.

What I find interesting is the continued obsession with all things internet. All things internet are reliant for some on Mr Musk’s satellites. There is a great reliance on private enterprise and its invisible hand. I’ve been droning on about this for years (excuse the pun)

What you say is true. At the beginning of the year those who had a backpacker visa but hadn’t used it were offered a refund of their visa fee if they arrived within three weeks (something like that) to help overcome the dramatic shortage of labour. I don’t think that offer is still in place but the number of migrant visas this year has bee raised by 35000 to 200000.

However it is still not cheap. A 482 visa for (2 to 4 years) short term temporary skill shortages costs $1330.

I don’t know the cost of a permanent resident visa but an overseas partner/wife visa is something like $40000 (I know someone who married an English wife and is trying to get her out here)

1 Like

Sometimes, this is what must happen to inspire people to become closer, in general, with the others in the towns and cities around them. Large numbers of people suffering from the same hardship/s often form new and stronger bonds with other people and groups.

That secured, they work towards a common, socially constructive end, with participation of a sort that they might never have seen, even from themselves. I think we’re going to see a few decades of surprisingly resourceful activity and a camaraderie last seen in full bloom just after World War 2 ended.

What are you? A half full-ite?..or, a half empty-ite? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A “Bring your own Bottle” and maintain your own glass at about halfway person :tropical_drink: :grinning: :boxing_glove:

1 Like