Tory MP demands probe into Starmer's lockdown beer after Partygate

Interviewed on LBC radio in January, Sir Keir said: ‘No restaurants were open, no pubs were open. The hotel we were staying in had no food, they didn’t run food. So if you didn’t get a takeaway then our team wasn’t eating that evening.’

But The Mail on Sunday can reveal that Sir Keir stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel in Durham – and that its restaurant was serving food outside on its terrace until 9pm.

So far, so good, then … :wink:

A spokesperson for Durham Police said: “Earlier this year, Durham Constabulary carried out an assessment as to whether Covid-19 regulations had been breached at a gathering in Durham City on April 30 2021. At that time, it was concluded that no offence had been established and therefore no further action would be taken.

“Following the receipt of significant new information over recent days, Durham Constabulary has reviewed that position and now, following the conclusion of the pre-election period, we can confirm that an investigation into potential breaches of Covid-19 regulations relating to this gathering is now being conducted.”

1 Like

As it should be, if there really is new evidence

But I think the BorisFans and Tory press have put the police under huge pressure to reopen this because they want to muddy the water over Johnson’s despicable behaviour

And they’ve obliged, interesting timing to announce the investigation? Politically motivated?

I’ll say it again, it wouldn’t matter if Starmer kicked puppies, committed murder or had lockdown parties 100 strong

It still wouldn’t justify or excuse Johnson’s shenanigans, his deliberately breaking the laws he made himself and imposed on the rest of us, nor his lying to Parliament, nor his disgracing the office of PM

It’s those vile offences that make him unfit to be PM and a disgrace to our country

And no amount of whataboutery and digging up dirt on Starmer makes a scrap of difference to that

Johnson doesn’t understand the difference between right and wrong and the only way to restore our country’s self-respect is to boot him out and show him we do

2 Likes

Quite … :+1:

There may well be more FPNs issued to BJ and his cronies in the immediate future and there may well be more Tory law-breaking exposed in the Gray report due, hopefully, at the end of the month.

1 Like

It’s got nothing to do with whataboutery, although I don’t see you picking up posters who have the same views as you do, that’s called hypocrisy.

Starmer’s crime to voters is his hypocrisy.

As I’ve said before I don’t give a damn about either what Boris or Starmer did, but I can’t abide hypocrisy.

Bumping up this article as a reminder.

Nor can I but have no intention of standing at a podium, telling other people what they should do, and doing the opposite meself.
That’s the proof of the hypocrisy pudding.

1 Like

If all this whataboutery is over 1 beer and 1 alleged example of hypocrisy then there should be an insurrection against BJ and his coterie of compulsive party-loving proven law-breaking cronies … :047:

2 Likes

There was a mention of “beergate” on the 6 o’clock news. I can’t keep up. Are we now to assume any word ending in gate is transjective?

Well, let’s hope the police investigation clarifies a few things - I’m intrigued to know whether Keir Starmer “had a booze-up” and was he really “swigging beer” and “chugging beer” or was he merely “drinking beer”?!

Honestly, what “colourful” language these people who write tabloid newspaper articles use - one may suspect they deliberately look for coarse and uncouth alternative words to make the behaviour of the people they are slagging off sound even worse.

I alternate between laughing and feeling contempt at the offensive way some of these newspaper / media writers phrase their reports.

1 Like

I’m a lightweight, I know, forgive me … :pensive:

But given Starmer’s bland personality, I bet he had a korma ….

:shallow_pan_of_food: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LABOUR ordered £200-worth of takeaway curries for dozens of MPs and aides at Sir Keir Starmer’s Beergate lockdown bash, The Sun can reveal.

A delivery driver dropped off biryanis, bhunas and tikka masalas, rice and naan breads for the late-night session.

No-one brave enough for a Vindaloo or Phall then … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And a “Light” Ale :icon_wink:

1 Like

It is worth noting that the Metropolitan Police decided not to investigate one event at Downing Street at which alcohol was drunk.

One of the events mentioned in senior civil servant Sue Gray’s initial report into Downing Street gatherings was on 15 May 2020, when the prime minister and members of staff were pictured with bottles of wine in the Downing Street garden. At the time, Mr Johnson said: “Those were meetings of people at work, talking about work.”

That was one of the gatherings that the Met decided they would not investigate.

What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander … :man_shrugging:

Time for an enquiry into tabloidgate.

Well said d00d, after a couple of beers, some folks would insist other people should move from 2 metres to 4 metres away and put 2 masks on.

1 Like

Reports from political website Guido Fawkes suggest Starmer is so concerned about the outcome of the investigation he has asked Labour peer and former Justice Secretary Lord Falconer to put together a legal defence team.

In 2014, at Guido’s tenth anniversary party, London Mayor Boris Johnson said that the site “has long been the dung on the rosebush of politics”.

The Daily Mail is sticking with the “story”:

You can read the full explosive story - and see the damning documents - in tomorrow’s Mail on Sunday or read it now at our new premium sister website The Mail+

I can’t wait … :sleeping: