Tory MP arrested on suspicion of rape

It’s a tricky one and we don’t know enough to say really, best leave it to the courts

But I know what you mean, sometimes there could be an element of revenge

And times and attitudes change too. Seriously, if you take what now counts as sexual assault nowadays I’ve been sexually assaulted many, many times in my younger days.

But if a woman has been raped I can well understand the courage you’d need to come forward, especially if it’s a powerful and respected man :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So if she was, and he did, may justice prevail

2 Likes

I was never accosted as a child, the choir master, the lady at the corner sweet shop, the Boy Scout leader all gave me a miss, I was a very plain child

1 Like

I have no wish to extent this thread beyond the bounds of legality and it should be noted that, speculation apart, the charges include “abuse of position of trust”, a phrase which is usually associated with minors.

Another potential complication is that among the allegations faced by the MP is abuse of position of trust, an offence connected to children aged under 18. If naming the MP could risk revealing the identity of an alleged victim this would also be a major barrier.

I do hope if he is married, she gets shot of him pdq and doesn’t “stand by him” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Steady on girl, we don’t know who it is or if he’s guilty yet

3 Likes

I have no idea who he is either…I haven’t named names or know if he’s guilty. :woman_shrugging: I just see it’s a common thing for people to stand by their significant others when stuff like this comes out. :grimacing:

1 Like

AFAIK, he’s not even been charged yet … :069:

One of the disadvantages of the internet and Social Media is that so many posters and bloggers ignore all the rules of fair play and legal prudence.

How many times do we hear people complaining that people are being unjustly accused of historic sex crimes - then as soon as there is any hint of someone being questioned, investigated or arrested, the Twitterers and Social Media sharks go into a feeding frenzy to find out who it is.

If this person has not yet been charged with anything, then folk should calm down and stop being so prurient - just wait for further developments in a legal and orderly fashion, for goodness sake. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I know what you mean, I always think it’s odd when a woman “stands by her man” knowing he’s done something dreadful, especially if it involved sex with another woman

I always felt like that about Ched Evans fiancé, now his wife

Even though he was eventually found not guilty of it being rape, what he and his mate did to that drunken 19 year old in that hotel room was pretty disgusting and I’m damned if I’d have married him or had his kids knowing what he got up to

2 Likes

well you got plenty of “misses” then were they sweet??

Hi

The dangers of speculation.

It was male rape allegations, not a male forcibly raping a female.

They were a couple until they fell out 3 years ago.

It was a well known consensual relationship.

The allegation is now that it started when the complainant was under the statutory age of consent.

It is for a Jury to decide, not a Forum or Public Opinion.

Trial by forum, the modern way.
No more innocent until proven guilty.

this is not just standing in the crowd watching the guillotine drop and the heads roll in the basket but the public participating in pulling the rope before the sentence is announced!

I know what you mean, I always think it’s odd when a woman “stands by her man” knowing he’s done something dreadful, especially if it involved sex with another woman

I always felt like that about Ched Evans fiancé, now his wife

Even though he was eventually found not guilty of it being rape, what he and his mate did to that drunken 19 year old in that hotel room was pretty disgusting and I’m damned if I’d have married him or had his kids knowing what he got up to
[/quote]

Think Evans was found guilty a got a 5 year sentence for the rape.

1 Like

He was and did but then he won his appeal

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ched-evans-prison-release-footballer-26851069.amp

1 Like

Money talks.

Family of Ched Evans’ rape victim speak out with devastating effect | Daily Mail Online

1 Like

Yup, the courts eventually found him innocent and said what he did wasn’t rape, not sure I agree, but he’s in the clear

But taking a 19 year old intoxicated girl to a hotel room and him and his mate taking turns to have sex with her is pretty gross and not really a reference for being a future husband and son-in-law, is it?

So I don’t get why they stood up for him

The same with wives and partners of men found guilty of rape, child abuse etc. Why do they stay with them?

1 Like

The law has being changed to day he would be found guilty of rape.