Too spoilt these days?

Maybe we expect too much. We become so used to stuff being done for us that every now and then life gives us a boot in the backside.
Just now walked into a glass door that Did Not AUTOMATICALLY Open for Me🤬

6 Likes

Yes, things are rarely handed to you.

1 Like

You must have been in a commercial place. In a shopping mall, I expect the doors to open automatically most of the time. I think they do that to keep the temperatures constant in the mall or office building.

If the glass doors opened automatically in someone’s house, I’d be distressed. I don’t expect that.

1 Like

Nepotism has never been so rife

1 Like

It’s worse when they malfunction and get stuck halfway.
Happened at my local post office and everyone had to shuffle and sidle sideways to wriggle in.
It got the adrenaline going though … wondering if it would ‘unstick’ and slide shut with you trapped half in and half out.

Would it be insensitive of me to say that some people of , how shall I say .it … a broader girth and heavier tonnage, couldn’t easily sidle in.

1 Like

Or too lazy.

1 Like

Well, having had my main grocery shop delivered every week for yonks now, I must admit I rather resent having to do my own shopping if I need to go in for anything

All that trolling round the aisles, getting stuff off the shelf, loading it onto the conveyor belt, paying, and then having to pack it and get it home myself is a bit of a faff, isn’t it? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ask Max, He’s the resident expert in Faff :smile:

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I haven’t done any major shopping for years now. It’s all delivered. I picked up a pack of coffee today but that has been my first visit to a store for weeks. I think the time before was a bunch of bananas both paid on the self service till. So not a major purchase but would hate having to queue up to pay.

2 Likes

I did that once….broke the arm off my glasses.
Which reminds me that one of my local - budget-supermarkets does not have automatic doors…but they have them jammed open during opening hours.
Perhaps to stop dozy folk from walking into them.

1 Like

You are right.
We are spoilt these days and complain at the smallest inconvenience. Complaining seems to be the most popular form of communication.
Then it often becomes a competition to see who has had the most inconvenient experience and usually followed by what the Government should be doing about it.
A lot of me me me gong on I think :innocent:

1 Like

Ee what luxury
We have to DIY it now.

2 Likes

Even worse, and you have to wander round the aisles finding stuff :yawning_face::sleeping_bed:

1 Like