Tom Tugendhat for Prime Minister?

He’s thrown his hat in the ring and said he’d like to be PM

What do you think?

He’s quite young for a PM, has military experience, seems to be a man of principles ( but time would tell of course) Johnson hates him some MPs call him Tugendtwat

He’s supported Gay rights and was a Remainer

He’s very pro Israel and he’s banned from China He’s a Catholic with Jewish Ancestry

He seems intelligent, has studied Islam, speaks Arabic, his wife is French and he has French citizenship

Apart from a bit of concern about him being very pro Israel, I think he’d be an improvement on Johnson

Anyoldhow, odds on him being Prime Minister dropped from 16 -1 to 12-1 at Ladbrokesvthis morning so I’ve had a fiver :rofl:

Go you upcoming Johnson hating Tory boy!

I’d much prefer Frosty.

1 Like

33 to 1 at William Hill!

Bolded bit, a stalking horse ,maybe.

My initial thought was “Good, he’s an ex-soldier”, but then I read the bit above and that put me off completely as that would make him our sworn enemy!

1 Like

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: More than being a Remainer?

I wondered if he might be able to heal a few rifts. Remainer now going for the best Brexit, connections and friendship with France, understands Islamic culture, speaks Arabic. Understands war and military action, Jewish heritage. But hoping that is probably living in Cloud Cuckoo Land

And he’s mightily peed off China :cn:

Can he be PM without being elected an MP first?

Excellent Danny. Typical of the French that. :rofl:

2 Likes

To be honest, the only time I became aware of Tom Tugendhat was when he made a powerfully emotive speech in the House of Commons during a debate about the withdrawal from Afghanistan.
It received a rare round of applause from the MPs in the House.

Having watched and listened to him make that speech, I’d say he was a good orator and can hold an audience but I know nothing else about him, apart from him being a former military man and serving in Afghanistan.

1 Like

America has several special forces troops.
The UK has several special forces troops.
The French have Fashion Week. :rofl:

4 Likes

Brilliant! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

AND Micron … nuff said!

3 Likes

Excellent :+1:

1 Like

I like the sound of him .
We need more politicians on both sides with integrity and charisma .

1 Like

I can imagine the likes of Hestletine and Andrew Adonis jumping up and down for joy should Tugendhat ever get to be PM. They’ll try and drag us back onto the despised EU.

1 Like

If only, it’s not despised by everyone :stuck_out_tongue: and there’s a lot of people wouldn’t need dragging

But Puffnstuff, sorry, Tugendhat, seems committed to Brexit now?

It would be nice to have a PM with some sense of decency for a change but perhaps he’s too good for them?

He reminds me a bit of Rory the Tory :wink: