To Azz Mags Meg

Thanks Mags not as nice as yours. Redid the paving made it wider and took the lawn up laid the path wider and put in the sleepers - am aiming to reach your level.

1 Like

You have your own green fingers Azz :mrgreen:

1 Like

Was that the same Acers from our Catsey days, Kazz?

Everything looks so neat in your garden :+1:

1 Like

Yes Ernie short and stubby (red) and Little Acer( yellow/orange) This picture shows back garden Acers Eric tall (red) and nearest the camera Eileen (yellow/green/orange) /

1 Like

Looking beautiful Kazz :smiley: you have done a great job.
The white lilac compliments the Acers too …

1 Like

They are beauties Kazz, what a smashing garden and a super display! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks Barry

1 Like

I love this garden Kazz! And I think its adorable that you named your Acers! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks and I name most plants I have that stay more than a couple of years as they are living.

1 Like

I’ll need to try that on my Begonias!

waves baby bio around with a flourish

“Stay alive, and you shall be named. Die, and you have nothing!”

1 Like

Both Mrs Zaphod and myself love acers but they don’t live long here on the Lincs coast for some reason, and believe me we tried.
I’m not sure whether it’s the sea air or just that we’re not suited, but for example I’ve even had severe frost kill quite mature specimens when they’ve been under cover.

They have to live with me for a couple of years before they get a name, seems to be mostly Acers I name but also have a couple of well established evergreens names as well Sybil and Basil as they bicker with the Holly Tree but still survive.

Whats the Holly Tree called? Manuel? :smiley:

1 Like

My cousin has the same issue with Acers down the coast. However I suggested Sambucus as they have similar leaf patterns and are salt tolerant. Sutherland Gold; Sambucus nigra; Golden Tower and Black Tower have a look see what you think. May not be acers but are coast planting suitable

Who calls a Holly Tree Manuel…tut tut no the holly tree is called “Buddy Holly” You can see the holly tree to the left of the 2nd picture he needs to be cut back quite a bit this winter but won’t do that till October’ish as lots of people have some of the holly for Xmas/wreaths decorations myself included. The wall and fence is approx 7ft high so you can see how tall he is.

1 Like

Fair enough! I like holly decorations at Christmas…yes he is pretty tall - need ladders to get up there! :open_mouth:

But now you have said it Manuel may be a name for something that side of the garden. Maybe the big phormium however I am tending towards Spike for him…

Yes need to do something to keep him within my reach of care. So this will be drastic.

Nice job Kazz, need some inspiration to get low maintenance colour into ours.

Hydrangea under rated and gorgeous flowers. all colours and almost bomb proof.