Thought Experiment

He’s not fussy, he’ll have any sort. :cool:

How cool is this! Good to get us thinking, Harbal.

If you read my first response, don’t tell what I concluded.

I might possibly have it…

Q1. Up to what point of the scale from S1 to S1d would you just return to bed, hoping that everything would be back to normal in the morning?

I would check on this man, but shrug my shoulders. Illuminated in the light, he looks ghastly pale, but a little nudity never hurt anyone, I suppose. Back to bed for me.

Up checking again, it would give me a good laugh to see him sandals. Somehow that doesn’t seem to fit his personality, being a nudist or some such. I am a bit relieved about the umbrella. Under the comforter I go…

Once again I check from my warm and toasty room, despite this poor man being so obviously cold. If he wants to be out there frozen to death, what am I supposed to do? Live and let live…

But…at SD

What is this? A campsite? A tent? A camping stove?

This is outrageous! ENOUGH! We all have our limits…

I am running outside in a flash.

:cool2:

If it was winter, I’d go out and talk to him and offer him a coat and a cup of hot chocolate. Once he had the teddy bear, I’d tell him how much I like teddy bears. If it was summer I might offer him sun screen (I would not help him apply it) and something cool to drink. I’d also take him some cookies. I bake good cookies. If the tent and camping stuff was in the yard, I’d tell him that he was not welcome to live on my property, but I could help him find a place along the river nearby. I would ask him if he needed help. Depending on what he said, I would tailor my response to what I felt I could do that would be most helpful.

Originally, I was going to say that not until the police had arrived would I have returned to bed. However, you added another fact to the scenario regarding who Dave was, thus making me re-evaluate my initial response. Knowing he was your assistant, I would go back to bed immediately and not worry about him.

Interesting. A naked guy in the yard could be a bit nuts, no matter who he works for. Grin.

You might not think that after you’ve seen him. :slight_smile:

Just don’t look any higher. Dave is not a pretty sight above the knees.

I see you ignored my warning, and looked above the knees. :slight_smile:

At least for me, I did look above the knees. Now, if the guy is a young stud, he might be showing off. Since he’s not I could feel sorry for him. Of course there are nudists who like to be bare no matter what. I was invited to join a group of them when I was young. No one would invite me now even though I don’t look half bad for an old lady. Grin.

I assume Dave is not modest and is very self-accepting. There is something to be said for that…

If it was winter, he wouldn’t be in your garden. Dave is very good with locks; he’s be in your kitchen, looking for Ovaltine. He doesn’t like hot chocolate. :cool:

Dave once killed a man; he strangled him while he was sleeping. Do not go back to bed. :018:

If he was in my kitchen without my permission I’d sic my cat on him. He wouldn’t find any Ovaltine. I’ve never liked it.

My brother literally killed four people. I had to overcome my fear to survive.

Psychotic, with homicidal tendencies, but, in layman’s terms, “nuts” is a fair description. :shock:

My brother was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic by the psychiatrist for the defense. It was from being fed too much fundamentalist religion as we were growing up and because his physicians prescribed six heavy drugs…Stelazine, Thorazine, Librium, Lithium, Valium and one other I can’t think of right now. It happened in 1980. That event changed everything in my life, even how I respond to this thought experiment.

That’s unfortunate, Sage. Ovaltine is the only thing that calms him.

That sounds like a good subject for a thread, Sage. I certainly wouldn’t be able to resist looking at it.

Yes, I can see how it would. I’m sorry if the “experiment” made you think about things that you didn’t want to.

No worries. I worked it through over the years. I’ve written books about it. The first one the publisher messed up by removing relevant information. So years later I rewrote it and published it myself. My brother passed away in prison nearly five years ago at age 77. I’m okay really. But it destroyed my family. My parents were good loving people. Anyway, everything in life can be fodder for growth if we use it that way. I chose to do that. It was either do that or drown.

I’ll have to think about whether or not I want to do a thread on it. I’d rather direct people to my articles on my web site, if they are curious.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have been so quick to suggest doing a thread, Sage. It was a bit thoughtless of me.

It was not thoughtless. Thank you for your interest. I’m just not sure if I want to do the write up. There was a time when I shared it with everyone. I wanted people to know what it was like. I still do, but I’m a novelist now, and I’m always in the middle of writing a book. I’ve written a bunch about the murders already. Some of that is on my web site. Maybe I could do a thread copying in part of my article from the web site. I’ll think about it. The article is probably too long to put up on the site.

Oh come on Harb, Dave’s got to be a bit bonkers, to knock about with you.:slight_smile:

Yes, spitty, Dave is a total nutter, but I didn’t want to alarm keezoy. :slight_smile:

Being a nutter is an excellent survival strategy.:smiley: