This is downtown

3 Likes

@Danny , So where is " the other side of the tracks" Danny ??
DOnkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

OK but that doesn’t explain how you go up and down streets which are horizontal??!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

What happens if you live on the wrong side of the tracks in a town without a train?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Danny , Do you mean like the mason/Dixon line ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Here’s an English one I not only don’t get, but it sounds kinda treacherous. “Wearing a cat.”

1 Like

I haven’t heard that? What does it mean? There’s a saying “Not enough room to swing a cat” meaning a space is really tiny,(And also sounds treacherous!) but I don’t know what wearing a cat means… :thinking: :joy:

Which derived from the space to swing a cat of nine tails. :grinning:

3 Likes

Bit likes Davy Crockett hat may be ?:innocent:

2 Likes

Didn’t even know that! :astonished:

1 Like

Aye possibly…?

Sorry that one was not English. It was Japanese. I heard during a BBC documentary and thought it was British. My bad. I watch too much BBC.
Wear a cat on one’s head (Japanese, 猫を被る/ neko o kaburu) No, this has nothing to do with someone’s scratchy mess of a wig (that would be too literal). The Japanese use this idiom when a person is pretending to be sweet, or putting on an act of friendliness in order to hide their true nature.

4 Likes

Oooh that’s interesting though, I understand that…

1 Like

In fact I told someone the other I had some bits and bobs to do. They said What? I laughed and said stuff, I got stuff to do today. You guys are a bad influence. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s a lovely capture Danny! All that’s missing is the hot chocolate!

1 Like

@Danny , there’s another cat saying also, which is of English
origin, which says " f- - - king the cat" which refers to making a
mess of a difficult job ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Here it’s “Screwing the pooch” same sentiment just different animals. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I always to downtown to be less posh, more seedy perhaps with more interesting nightlife, smoky basement bars & stuff.

2 Likes

Funny how we like the same atmosphere. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

To me you’ll always find a photographer downtown, if you’re uptown you’re paparazzi. :wink: :wink:

2 Likes