The Warrior Gene

aggression ? - i have often wondered whether the human race is sorta programmed with aggression? we certainly see plenty of it around but on the other hand we see plenty of non-aggression too?

well our good old scientists have discussed what has been dubbed “the warrior gene” which they have labelled MAOA - it would seem that it has been indentified in a lot of cases where aggressive crime is involved. and some criminals have had their sentences reduced because of these findings in them?

but it seems that they are in the minority but are they ? - when cain killed abel or the other way around maybe he had it? - when the Israelites attacked Jericho with Gods encouragement maybe some of them had it. Maybe it has been there from the very beginning even in the Garden of Eden?

However I like to think that the majority of the current human race does not have this gene although maybe it’s on the increase? Do we see more aggression around us than we did a few years back? funny old world heh?

warrior gene

well I would say the Russians have a lot of it in their DNA atm - well some of them not all! - well maybe really only one of them?

did anyone see the film "once were warriors " kiwi historical thing in a way - demonstrates this theme

once were warriors

1 Like

I saw that movie…absolutely fascinating yet disturbing :017:

yes I mixture of true tribalism but a downtrodden race by the white man. However if you move across to say PNG lots of both tribal fighting and then mixed with rouge fighting in the larger towns with whites again! If you read the biblical stories of the Jews and the way they fought through their history and then all these other examples the warrior gene because a greater reality!! and of course we have our own perfect example between Russia and Ukraine and the rest of the world. who said humans were a peaceful breed??

Considering we as a species were hunter-gatherers, we have obviously retained ‘aggression’ we once needed to retain what we had gained from hunting & gathering. Whoever said the meek shall inherit the earth were taking through their arse and deffo not from Jewish roots :wink::grin:

1 Like

I did wonder when you would finally arrive you old “warrior” you - yes the more science comes on the scene the more the good old bible goes out the window - but one of Adams sons did murder his brother according to the good word so which ever way you look at this ‘warrior gene’ attribute it seems to be well recognized from all angles - and those blood thirsty chimps can do a lot of damage to humans and each other if the mood takes them!!

and Putin or Poo tin as I call him is certainly demonstrating an awful lot of warrior gene atm??

I reckon God you know the Yayweh mobster was always agressive - full of discipline and cruelty towards the Jews in the Sinai desert - produced parents adam and eve who then produced sons one who was a murderer?

saw that he [god] had screwed it all up this brave new world esperiment so sent himself down in the form of the christ to show how repentence and forgiveness works and talks about peacemakers inheriting the world like russia in ukraine. so even got it wrong again - no wonder the churches are empty!!

Hi

I think we all have the warrior gene.

Even the mildest mothers can go ballistic when their family are threatened.

1 Like

yes I partially agree but brain wave studies have shown unusual wave patterns in the brains of psycopaths who once enraged show this patterning and once so cannot reverse the process

“brain wave killers” - there ya go knew that guy Cain would appear!!

the more intriguing side of the coin however is how so many people can remain placid throughout their lives?

and then there is the curious case of Self-immolation ? - is this an act of a warrior or pacifist?

I’d say a nutter!

and do women also have a warrior gene? - remember old queen boedicia?? a warrior true and through? - the swan for example will kill ya if ya go near her ducklings or is that swanlings??

I;'ve come across a few warrior queens in my time on both side of the tableclothe and they were certainly up for a bit of warfare!!! - there does seem to be a lot of warrior genetics goin about in Ukraine atm don’t ya tink? yes maybe it is just there beneath the surface waiting to be turned on and come to boilin point?