The Tarot thread

Ffosse.
What is a ‘reversed card’ please?
I don’t understand what you mean.

Also, knowing about Tarot, are they giving readings of the past, present or future? Or are they personality traits?

Ta muchly.

Tarot doesn’t so much tell the future as give personality insights and outside forces that may be acting on oneself. Many use it as a tool for self appraisal (including me).

If you were using an actual deck some of the cards might come out upside down (reversed) which gives new meanings. Not everyone uses reverse cards, though.

Ffosse…I am serious when I say that card you drew for me is so “telling” for lack of a better word.

Especially with recent events…breaking free for me is not an option, it is always a must.

Thank you for this insight. Much appreciated.

For Mups:

The five of wands

https://s19.postimg.org/60koheaoz/Screenshot_20160902-140719.png

A posse of youths, who are brandishing staves, as if in sport or strife. It is mimic warfare, and hereto correspond the

Divinatory Meanings:
Imitation, as, for example, sham fight, but also the strenuous competition and struggle of the search after riches and fortune. In this sense it connects with the battle of life. Hence some attributions say that it is a card of gold, gain, opulence.

Reversed: Litigation, disputes, trickery, contradiction.

Additional meanings:
Success in financial speculation.

Reversed: Quarrels may be turned to advantage.

I do.
Here is yours Dreamy
Major Acana

Is anyone allowed to ask for a card? If so please can I take one please?

For summer:

The 2 of swords:

https://s19.postimg.org/jcih4gder/swords02.jpg

A hoodwinked female figure balances two swords upon her shoulders.

Divinatory Meanings:
Conformity and the equipoise which it suggests, courage, friendship, concord in a state of arms; another reading gives tenderness, affection, intimacy. The suggestion of harmony and other favourable readings must be considered in a qualified manner, as Swords generally are not symbolical of beneficent forces in human affairs.

Reversed: Imposture, falsehood, duplicity, disloyalty.

Additional meanings:
Gifts for a lady, influential protection for a man in search of help.

Thank you, Sweetie, a most appropriate card.

A turn for the better.:lol:

Thankyou, I’m not sure what to make of it though. I suppose that’s the advantage of having a one to one reading, the message is deciphered for you :slight_smile:

As it says, swords aren’t generally favourable but that is not a bad card to get.

I just found this it gives more information… interesting

What would be a bad card to get Ffosse? Is there a best card to get?

Don’t ask:shock:
Bad one:shock:

The nine of swords isn’t good:

https://s19.postimg.org/53nfzs8qr/Screenshot_20160902-141219.png

One seated on her couch in lamentation, with the swords over her. She is as one who knows no sorrow which is like unto hers. It is a card of utter desolation.

Divinatory Meanings:
Death, failure, miscarriage, delay, deception, disappointment, despair.

Reversed: Imprisonment, suspicion, doubt, reasonable fear, shame.

Additional meanings:
An ecclesiastic, a priest; generally, a card of bad omen.

Reversed: Good ground for suspicion against a doubtful person.

I’m glad I didn’t get that one :frowning:

While the ten of cups is one of the best:

https://s19.postimg.org/oli3fz5r7/Screenshot_20160902-141056.png

Appearance of Cups in a rainbow; it is contemplated in wonder and ecstacy by a man and woman below, evidently husband and wife. His right arm is about her; his left is raised upward; she raises her right arm. The two children dancing near them have not observed the prodigy but are happy after their own manner. There is a home-scene beyond.

Divinatory Meanings:
Contentment, repose of the entire heart; the perfection of that state; also perfection of human love and friendship; if with several picture-cards, a person who is taking charge of the Querent’s interests; also the town, village or country inhabited by the Querent.

Reversed: Repose of the false heart, indignation, violence.

Additional meanings:
For a male Querent, a good marriage and one beyond his expectations.

Reversed: Sorrow; also a serious quarrel.

I’ll leave you all with a card for tonight:

The five of pentacles:

https://s19.postimg.org/obakwpbqb/Screenshot_20160902-141319.png
Two mendicants in a snow-storm pass a lighted casement.

Divinatory Meanings:
The card foretells material trouble above all, whether in the form illustrated - that is, destitution - or otherwise. For some cartomancists, it is a card of love and lovers-wife, husband, friend, mistress; also concordance, affinities. These alternatives cannot be harmonized.

Reversed: Disorder, chaos, ruin, discord, profligacy.

Additional meanings:
Conquest of fortune by reason.

Reversed: Troubles in love.

Thanks Ffosse…you have piqued my interest in the Tarot

Ooer. :confused: I will have to think about that Ffosse.
Thank you for the card though, and thank you for the earlier explanation as well. :slight_smile: