The Smell, The Awful Shocking Smell

Ok Tiffany it was cheese, a very ripe 4 strength gooey Brie. My bag still smells of it!
It’s now in the fridge stinking that out.

I am so pleased it wasn’t me giving off the odour as l would have cleared buildings. :laughing:

1 Like

Thank You everyone for being such good sports and being so witty and hilarious.
All your replies were great. xx

1 Like

Why, for heaven’s sake, didn’t you eat it?
Presumably, you bought it to eat it.

JBR, Remember l had a very traumatic day on Monday! :laughing:
I don’t think having my central heating on helped the Brie whilst it was in my bag!
I did have some with crackers yesterday evening. It was lovely.
It’s now in the fridge, stinking that out!

There was an explosion once in a French cheese factory
there was de-brie everywhere.

4 Likes

They do say (or at least some say) that the most malodorous cheese is the tastiest.
I’m afraid I don’t always agree.

2 Likes

JBR, It was really very tasty. I love it and l love tasty blue cheese like St Agur.

D’oh! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Good one Primus! :+1:

1 Like

Jazzi, you were right, it was cheese, should have been Wensleydale though. Wallace’s favourite. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Pié d’Angloys for us. It’s like Camembert “on acid”. Not always easy to get hold of, especially now, but well worth seeking out.

2 Likes

Pié d’Angloys? Never heard of it.
My French is not very good, but does that translate into:
‘English Piss’?

1 Like

Heh heh!! I’m surprised you still ate it.

1 Like

I concur Todge. The local Waitrose usually has a plentiful supply of 200g packs which keep almost for ever before it starts walking; not that it lasts long in my house. It goes well with a French stick :+1:

1 Like

Not piddle – but foot. You’d think it might be pied or some-such but that’s not the case here.

1 Like

Oh lovely I adore the taste of ripe brie

2 Likes

Goodness … you did exactly the same thing at Christmas and kept us all guessing for ages then. You’ll have to stop buying whiffy cheese Art.

1 Like

You’ll be needing a breeze for that Brie @Artangel

1 Like

Morti, Do you mean my daughter on the train with the smelly Camembert and a passenger in the carriage said, ‘Something stinks’.
Worse was, they all had masks on and could still smell it!!

I would say, the one in my bag was as bad as that! It does taste nice though!

1 Like

I think that confirms that masks are not very effective!

1 Like

Would have been even worse if her mask had been in the bag with the cheese. It could never have been worn ever again.

1 Like